JW's - Who Started Smoking Once You Left?

by BBOARD 44 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I started almost as soon as I left, as a rebellion. Regretted it for almost the entire time. I've been clean for 2 months now and I *THINK* I might have it beat this time. (Used patches AND gum, mega-nicotine-doping!)

DON'T START! Rebel with a hooker, or some other safe thing. :-)

Dave

• tinker
    tinker

proud to say a ciggie never touched my lips. a few cigars in the teen years. It was never appealing as my dad was a chain smoker so I could see the slave he became.

As to it making you look older.....um.....oh my dear, Never take your 'youth' for granted. Looking young for your age is a GIFT. It means the agening process will be good to you. Nature will take it's course and the years will catch up. Before you know it, no one.....will be asking for your ID. Do you hear me......Be Proud to show you ID.

I am now 55 and on good days mistaken for 40 but never 30. Please be PROUD of looking young, do not rush through your youth.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I now smoke a couple of times a month and I really enjoy a cigar with scotch.

Cheers

Burn

• restrangled
    restrangled

Im going to be the cranky old Mom on this subject....

I started smoking when I was 13....just butts from my firiends parents houses. Quit for awhile, got babtized and started back up at age 16. Smoked big time after I got married at 19 and quit when I found out I was pregnant.

Stoped for 5 years and started up again....within days was up to my previous amount oR 30 ciggs a day. that was back when I was 30. Every day I thought, I'm going to quit again. I am now 48 and have not.

I have tried numerous times using the patch, cold turkey, etc....the longest has been 3 weeks and I literally felt I was going nuts.

Do not think you are free to quit when ever you want. PLEASE QUIT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND DON'T GO BACK......YOU WILL ALWAYS BE AN EASIER MARK THAN YOU THINK ....TO START AGAIN.

I REPEAT DO NOT START, OR QUIT NOW WHILE YOU ARE YOUNG. PLEASE!!!!

ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP AS YOU GET OLDER.

R.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Thank you restrangled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started smoking at age 24. At a business party. It looked so cool, to blow smoke. And I had always liked the smell of cigs, on a mans breath. (YUK, I know)
    My favorite uncle, when I was a little girl, was the only person, I knew that smoked. Maybe that explains the smell thing.

Anyway, I tried my first and second and third that night, and was addicted. I smoked for 19 years. I have been "clean" for 5 years. I stopped with Zyban, and the nicotine gum.

I want a cigarette every day. About 2 months ago, I might have run you over to get one. But, I didn't give in. Just like restrangled said, it only takes 1 more, to reel you back in. I think, it would only take 1 puff, and I would go right back to 26 cigs a day, vs retrangled 30. LOL

Like she said, stop now. Don't try even one. It only took me 1 evening to become an addict. It is too easy to get addicted to things. Some people, maybe more than others, I don't know. No wonder I am so paranoid of my family taking pain pills. I know of too many people addicted to them. Got hit by a truck?? Here, take a Motrin. LOL

I am also a food addict. There. I have confessed all of my sins.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Let me add this: hubby's life insurance is quadruple the amount it would be if he was a non smoker.

$750,000 $117/month smoker $50/nonsmoker

momz

sorry, I guess that's triple. It's late and I have a houseful of kids OK?

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I have not changed. I have never tried anything new, just a cigar a few times. I was raised a dub, so I still have many of the values. I try to teach my children more about life vs. the org. I am preparing them for college.

I would smoke weed, but unfortunately it is illegal. darn!!

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I enjoy my tobacco pipes every so often.
    Have a few cigars in my humidor.
    I carry really expensive cigarettes around in my bag for when I feel the need. A pack can last two weeks or more depending on how generous I'm feeling.

I'm much more into the ritual of smoking than the rote, mindless action of lighting up one after another.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Smoking is bad for your Health.

alt

• Barbie Doll

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit