CRIPES!!! The PO and CO saw my Chrismas Tree

by bluesapphire 49 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

WONDERFUL! My husband decides not to decorate the house since my stupid sister asked the CO of her congregation to call on us and he's been coming by on a casual basis.

Well the CO is in town so my husband says, "I'm not doing the house. Only the inside." My son keeps saying, "Daddy! Let's decorate our house with lights." Poor thing. Such a sacrifice to not get disfellowshipped.

Low and behold, we're both at work today. My 18 year old daughter who looks 25 is at home getting ready for work and leaves the front door open so she can hear her cousin when she honks the horn to pick her up.

The doorbell rings. She goes to the door. The PO looks shocked because he's never seen this woman before. He asks if we still live there. My dumb daughter says "Yes. They're my parents."

They saw the Christmas tree AND the manger scene.

Now what! I'm sure they came for the purpose to find out if we were celebrating Christmas. Do you think it would fly if we said we share the house with family and they put up the Christmas stuff?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

If the local cong doesn't know you very well it might. Is your hubby fading too? Poor guy, but you could always blame him...

momz

• onacruse
    onacruse

Just do the reverse of the Eve/Adam thing, and say "My husband made me do it!"

Sorry, bad joke.

But, honestly, deferring responsibility to your unbelieving husband might just be a way out...after all, you are supposed to be in subjection to him, right?

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure there's something in the WT about this type of situation. If someone else doesn't find it first, I'll try to see what I can find.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

It's a worth a try! If your daughter looks that much older, you could just them your daughter lives with you now and that is her stuff.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

If push comes to shove, blame hubby. If he takes the rap for it, you'll come off clean.

Dave

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

There was a sister w/unbelieving mate who had two kids. They did all the holidays and as they got older he let them decide whether to go to meeting or not. No one ever said anything to her. Just gave extra encouragement because of her tough situation.

momz

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Smurfs came into your house while you were sleeping and decorated

• horrible life
    horrible life

What a shock it was to you, that your grown daughter, and her friend did this, while you were at work. There has been alot of tension between you two lately. But for her to stoop this low, after everything she knows about the "truth", is unbelievable. She said it was a joke, but you aren't laughing.

You have now taken the keys to your HOME, away from her. The tree was promply taken down, (and placed in another room ) before it could bring in evil spirits.

• Priest73
    Priest73

good call Andre. I'd go with the Smurf defense.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

WOW - I think HorribleLife wins this one! Nicely played!

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit