CRIPES!!! The PO and CO saw my Chrismas Tree

by bluesapphire 49 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hubby is fading. He's interested in keeping relations with his mom (as little contact as he has). If I blame him, he'll blame me.

I am going to blame it on my adult daughter and her friend who rents a room from us. They are not JWs, after all. And we have two other daughters who are 16. They all got together and did up the house for Christmas.

This is IF we get a call or invitation to a "little meeting."

Or we may just not go...

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Or we may just not go...

If you do not go to a meeting the ask you to attend they will go ahead with out you, most likely deciding to df both of you.

I think you have a pretty good defense with lots of options.

My guess is that they will send two Elders to your house next time in order to get the 'two witness' rule on you. They will come just to ask some questions and get some feedback from you. That's my guess.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Just do the reverse of the Eve/Adam thing, and say "My husband made me do it!"

That's exactly what I plan to do. Yesterday my JW mom came to visit, and there was the Christmas tree and the decorated living room. Strange, she never ever mentioned anything about it. However, should anything come of it ... that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

It already was two witnesses: The circuit overseer and the presiding overseer.

The PO left his number for us to call him. Should we call him?

I wont go to any meeting. so be it. But I would call him and drop the info into a conversation.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    The PO left his number for us to call him. Should we call him?

Why should you call him? If it's important, let him call back and when he does, conveniently miss the call.

• blondie
    blondie

Blame it on your husband. That's what Irreverent says. After all, he is the head. That's if it doesn't matter to him.

Blondie

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

No advice, just my sympathy that you have to go through all that crap

• 5go
    5go
    Now what! I'm sure they came for the purpose to find out if we were celebrating Christmas. Do you think it would fly if we said we share the house with family and they put up the Christmas stuff?

I would try it but it won't work. They will most likely give you a chance to take it down though.

I would try the line you are just staying with your family if they buy it you are safe and won't be forced to take it down it's not your house.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Your daughter didn't give you the message. She probably knew you would just kill her!! OMG, I can't believe you came by and saw THAT!! It was only up a few hours!

Of all the days to come over, for a shepherding call! So very sorry, if it stumbled you. I will have my daughter and her friends call you to apologize. (twelfth of never)

Is the CO's name "The Burgermeister?"

To the average person, the penalties suffered by JWs who dare to celebrate Christmas would be absolutely ludicrous as well as unbelievable. It's amazing how well the JWs have been able to hide their status as a cult from the general public. As the internet continues to permeate every aspect of our society, that will become more difficult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit