Would YOU Be Concerned If The Next President Was A Mormon, Or.....

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

yeah, it sounds like he is doing his best to pander to the conservative voters. If we only knew who the real Romney is, maye we could make a more informed decision.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

good lord can you just imagine if a JW became a president - no no no **hyperventilating** I'd flee to another country I would.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Well, look. GW's "personal hotline to god" has led him to make some questionable decisions. I don't think Mitt would do that, but I do think he would be hooking up the LDS church bigtime. Of course, this was no different than GW and Vader hooking up the oil companies. Hell, maybe all those gumpy Mormon missionaries can all sport motorcycles if he becomes president!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Wouldn't bother me at all - but, then, I live in the UK

Ian

• justhuman
    justhuman

NO. as long as he doesn't started to bomb everyone who does not agree with him...

• FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

I don't care for Mitt, his wishy washiness on abortion particularly and his BIG government paradigm specifically. My first choice would be ron paul.

As a recovering moron, I think a mormon president would be GREAT!! This would put the moron church under the microscope it deserves. With the advent of the internet, the churches skeletons in the closets would be bared for all to see. The divide on mormons would get wider. More weak and deceived will be shaken out. The staunch becoming more hardened in their historical blindness.

Just think what this would do for late night comedy!!!!! Just think what this would do for websites like postmo and exmo

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    Would YOU Be Concerned If The Next President Was A Mormon

If he was the right candidate, no, I would not be concerned. I do not beleive that Mitt Romney is that candidate. I has had to many road to D.C. conversion on issues to important to America.

if a candidate didn't believe in God

Again, it depends on the individual candidate.

or belonged to a sect

You mean like Scientology, or some other off the wall group? My initial reaction would be that I would probably not be disposed to vote for them.

or was a believer in Islam

I would never vote for a Muslim. The reason is simple, he or she would have to market himself as a moderate, and moderates have been noticably absent in joing the ranks of most sane people when it comes to condemning the acts of the Islamofacsists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit