Minimus and me

by seven006 72 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

I got a call from Min last night. He told me that the thread he started yesterday “Tell Me What You Think Of Certain Posters” had been locked because some people though the bantering between he and I was serious.

I’m sorry but I laughed. A lot. He didn’t laugh so much (at first) then he did. So, to the people who may have seen our bantering as serious and the mod who locked the thread. We are sorry for the confusion that may have led some to think we were serious!!!!

Min and I are FRIENDS! As good of friends as two middle aged (straight) guys who never met in person could be. We talk on the phone often and I HATE talking on the phone. He e-mails me pictures of his cute (but bald) little grand daughter. I e-mail him pictures of my better looking and much smarter grand daughter. We are two harmless (but still sexy) grandpas. My grand daughter calls me “gam-pa”. His grand daughter calls him “big fat ugly guy”.

We joke with each other a-lot. That’s what middle aged guys who had their youth stolen and held captive by an evil cult do. We are now looking at those stolen youthful good old days in life’s rear view mirror.

You can either laugh about it or blow your brains out.

We have chosen the laugh about it option. At least I have. I do encourage him to at least consider the other option for everyone’s sake.

So, who ever locked the thread and reduced Minimus’s posting limit to 25 a day, (I’m still laughing my ask off after he sent me an e-mail about that) please reconsider and do the right thing now that you know he was not serious about beating my ass (he thinks he’s Tony Soprano).

The guy’s fricken Italian. That’s how Italian guys from Boston talk about puppies and baby duckies for Christ sakes. They all think they are Tony Soprano. Just type in the words “The guy from Boston’ on a web browser and see for yourself. They can’t help it.

How was that Min? You going to send me the money now?

Dave

• eclipse
    eclipse

Hi Dave,

I don't think the funny banter between you and min had anything to do with the thread being locked down.

and Minimus' posting abilities reduced.

(should I remove this? will my posting priviledges be taken away because of saying that??)

Reducing posting priviledges, hello? slight overkill and over reaction, don't you think?

For what reason?

Opinions were stated, THAT'S ALL.

And if my posting priviledges get taken away, simply for typing the above

that will speak volumes....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Minimus is a italian? I did not know that. Now whenever I see his name I'm gonna picture Tony Soprano.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

double post

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't think I have ever posted more than 25 times in a day. I am sure that
    Nvrgnbk has done so, but hardly any other current members are doing so.
    So such a limit shouldn't be so terrible. Still, it's a restriction.

Now I am afraid to post here. What's going to happen to me after I hit
    "SUBMIT POST (I have read the guidelines)" ?

Well, here goes.....

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Mama Mia!

So, who ever locked the thread and reduced Minimus’s posting limit to 25 a day, (I’m still laughing my ask off after he sent me an e-mail about that) please reconsider and do the right thing now that you know he was not serious about beating my ass (he thinks he’s Tony Soprano).

The guy’s fricken Italian. That’s how Italian guys from Boston talk about puppies and baby duckies for Christ sakes. They all think they are Tony Soprano. Just type in the words “The guy from Boston’ on a web browser and see for yourself. They can’t help it.

How was that Min? You going to send me the money now?

Dave

Now thatsa Italian!

Awe sheese you guys you outta know x cult members are way too serious for their and anyone else's own good, so quit kidding around will yas?

In all honesty I don't think yours and minimus's banter is why the thread was locked down. It smelled of doom from the beginning I am rather surprised at minimus for even starting such a thread he of all posters should know better, and I know you understand that Dave.

Have a good one I'm just happy to hear minimus isn't going to off you any time soon Dave.

What a couple of old farts you two are! LOL Save me jesus if I ever get like them!

• minimus
    minimus

...oh Dave.

I'm glad you posted this and it wasn't deleted. I think you hit the nail on the head about those of us who were raised in this religion and just now are experiencing some late life silly fun.

You know me quite well. I wouldn't hurtchoo or nuthin. Youse my friend. Plus you still owe me that green. (Or it that me?)

Whatever happens with me here, I am just glad that the record is straight regarding humor and seriousness. You GOTTA have fun in this life!! And Dave, "you're one funny guy!!!" (paraphrasing Goodfellas to Joe Pesci's character).

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Minimus, you're Italian???

Have you got a good recipe for manicotti???

W

• Satanus
    Satanus

'those of us who were raised in this religion and just now are experiencing some late life silly fun.'

You mean, i might be like youse guys, soon??!

S

• minimus
    minimus

As long as Dave thinks I'm Italian.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit