Confirmed! Watchtower Feb 15 08 brings the "generation" change

by observador 175 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

It's apparent that since the year 1914 is stretching further and further in time from are present day, the present operative GB members are in a struggle to deal with it.

Personally I always saw it as an self promotional marketing ploy to sell to the general public, it did play a pivotal role in structuring and developing the organization and it worked well.

But here we are almost 100 years from that date, and nothing of any significance in human history has change accept the fact that the WTS. is still marketing to the public

that they are still god's only organization on earth and therefore have the sole right to that power.

Was this derived doctrine much of a problem for the early founders of the organization, no not really if anything it helped in many ways to achieved their agenda of self promotion.

Did it create problems down the road so to speak, absolutely as it 's been recently observed they are now trying to put another spin on the date to make it more palatable and viable to

the faithful flock and to eyes wide open public.

In this ever present age of information thanks impart to the inter-net, one has only google JWS. and there are pages and pages of past doctrines and prophecies that the WTS.

has stated and proclaimed, all intensionally to their benefit, power wise and to their literature sales.

It's unfortunate for them that they have to now have to deal with these corrupt and BS doctrines in a attempt to keep them on the podium of power as it were.

Re-adjusting the meaning of bible scripture today is of great importance and concern for them in an effort to maintain their strength and structure.

There are apparent consequences of having the freedom of region in a capitalist state after all.

• tula
    tula

To make such a stark change as this, so subtly, in only one small sentence....

and downplaying the significance of it is......

TIP TOE TOTALITARISM

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I see the wts new definition of generation. I id not quite see it before. They are saying that the generation means the annointed on earth who will not die off unyil the end comes. I have to read the article to follow their thinking.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

When exactly will this article be studied in the congregations? I am anxious to see what affect it will have on the rank and file. I personally know of several families that faded and then left the org. after the last "generation" change. Lilly

• watson
    watson

I don't see it causing the same exodus that the '95 New Light brought about. The new light was vague enough, and did not have the "deadline" aspect to it. So this new understanding will only cause some stiff necks from the profound head bobbing of the R&F.

• TheDoctor
    TheDoctor

"Here is what it means. There will still be some of the anointed on the earth when "it" hits. However, since they reopened the door back last May, new anointed ones are going to continue showing up. Which means this can bumble on forever, as new anointed appear to replace those dying out." I think ur exactly right D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit