Confirmed! Watchtower Feb 15 08 brings the "generation" change

by observador 175 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

T.D....Nice explanation of the problem. Very few JWs would ever make this connection, but if I were still in, it would bother me no end that for the greater part of 70 years, the Society discouraged people from the "New Covenant" on the basis of an error, "shutting the kingdom of heaven from men" like the Pharisees criticized by Jesus (cf. Matthew 23:14). All those people in 1935 who switched their hopes from being "anointed" to being part of the GC, if they turn out to not really have been part of the GC after all as they were told (especially those who have since died), what good was it for them to reject Christ's offer to the New Covenant? What did they give up their anointing for? Having died, they have exactly the same destiny as a person who never heard of God or Christ to begin with, i.e. an earthly resurrection. Since the JWs teach that one's former deeds are not called to account in the resurrection, what did all the hard work they did as a JW accomplish?

It makes me sad to think of elderly JWs who are near their end make a realization like this.... Especially when it comes to marriage....there is no marriage in the resurrection, and these so-called members of the GC were told that they would be able to marry in the new world, or have their marriages continue into the new world, when it turns out they are not GC after all, and they die realizing that they won't be able to pass through the great tribulation with the ability to marry....

• oompa
    oompa
    Zack:

Oompa, it is big because the only link that was left to a foreseeable time of the end was the anointed left alive on Earth. Most JW would point to the dwindling number--- encouraged by the WTS--- and would say that the dwindling number was evidence of the nearness of the end. Once the number no longer dwindles, there is no further link to the immediacy of the end, meaning it can on on for as along as ANYONE who professes the heavenly calling is alive, and further, the ruling class can still remain the ruling class.

God am I back in the door to door work???? Lets at least PRETEND to be well informed/current apostates! The foreseeable END ended in 1995 when all ties were snipped of peoples lifespan being linked to 1914....period. Whether there were 13000 or 3 did not matter...even the society was not sure if ANY would be on earth, but felt it was likely. I predicted in 1996 that pretty soon either more aonointed were going to be OK or else it would be decided that the GC could be on the GB, which was unlikely. Since the REAL anointed GB were mostly fossils or bedbound, more anointed would HAVE to be found to replace them.....

I remember saying in 1995 out in service with a very unstable/hardcore lady that people better start saving because the end could be 200 or 2000 years away and she FREAKED OUT....started yelling at me to TAKE THAT BACK!....I reminded her Jesus said "no one knows the day or hour" and it had always bothered me that despite that....we keep saying it is sooooo close....and she quieted down.....oompa

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    Lets at least PRETEND to be well informed/current apostates! The foreseeable END ended in 1995 when all ties were snipped of peoples lifespan being linked to 1914....period.

You're wrong. Yes, the 1995 change deflated the hope that the end was no more that a few years away, but the 1935 doctrine still made it impossible for the end to drag on too much longer. Why? Because the door to heaven slammed shut in 1935. The post-1935 anointed were supposed to be replacements. At some point in the near future those replacements would die off as well. It would be impossible for the end to drag on 100 years or so because there wouldn't be any anointed then. If someone claimed to be anointed in 2070 they'd have to be a replacement for the replacement for the replacement, or something along those lines. The 1935 date meant that the number of anointed would keep dwindling and the end would come at some point in the relatively near future since the WT has taught for quite some time now that there will be anointed alive on the Earth when the great tribulation comes.

These new changes now make it possible for the end to be 100 or 200 years from now. As long as someone professes to be of the anointed, they will be considered to be part of the generation that will not pass away. There is no doctrine in place now that limits the number of new anointed that can appear on the scene at any given time. I don't understand why you keep insisting that this change isn't big news. IT IS!

• oompa
    oompa
    Neverending: If someone claimed to be anointed in 2070 they'd have to be a replacement for the replacement for the replacement, or something along those lines. The 1935 date meant that the number of anointed would keep dwindling and the end would come at some point in the relatively near future since the WT has taught for quite some time now that there will be anointed alive on the Earth when the great tribulation comes.

These new changes now make it possible for the end to be 100 or 200 years from now. As long as someone professes to be of the anointed, they will be considered to be part of the generation that will not pass away. There is no doctrine in place now that limits the number of new anointed that can appear on the scene at any given time. I don't understand why you keep insisting that this change isn't big news. IT IS!

In 1995 there were over 7000 partakers left....and you are right about replacements continuing...that is exactly what could have happened, and I am not sure how firm that NO more could be called after 1935. The supposed change next year does nothing....the big changes that ended our last days was in 1995 and in the QFR from this year....THEY were big changes......not the one at the top of this thread.............oompa

• JCanon
    JCanon

RE MARRIAGE:

You can't mix up false WTS teachings with what the Bible says. Here's how it works.

Those resurrected for the SECOND RESURRECTION will not marry because at that point they will be judged based on what they indeed did during their lives. The king-priest judges will be in place to decide who stepped over the line or not. But, those who come back, while not marrying will be like the angels, that is, androgynous. No need for children now that population zero growth is reached with everyone now having ever lasting life, there is no need for male and female, but all will be unisexual. But while there will be no marriages, that doesn't mean there won't be love and sex. In fact, it will be more like a huge OPEN MARRIAGE. You can have sex with whomever you want. Angels make love too.

I've even surmised, with eternity in view for every human who passes that final test, that it seems reasonable they would exploit God's greatest creation and resource, which is mankind. So how better to get to know every human on the planet than for a computer program to assign a living arrangement, say for a year, with every other human. If this is done say, every other year, and there are 4 billion people who have eternal life, it will take 8 billion years before each person gets to live one year with every other person on the planet. In that process, every person will get to experience every part of the planet as well. Great.

As far as the Bride Class, they are married to Christ, all 1,440,000 of them. Angels can materlize bodies and have sex with each other whenever they want to, OR whatever angels do with each when having sex.....? After that initial 8 billion years, I'm sure Jehovah and Christ will have something fun planned for the next 8 billion years.

Finally, if a married couple happen to survive Armageddon, they are likely free to remain married. But POLYGAMY is not condemned by God. Never has. So even if you're married that doesn't mean you can't get married to more than one person. Why not? Things will be geared toward the family arrangement, of course. But after the millennium it would appear all marriages would end and all people will become androgynous.

JCanon

• RR
    RR
    new light? its time to change the bulb.

Forget the bulb, change the lamp!

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

It seems the shift is to orphan the GC and put more emphasis on the remnant - the exact opposite of what was supposed to happen since 1935.

Maybe the WTS feels that the GC is becoming a serious financial liability with the tide of sex lawsuits and the ever increasing costs of providing spiritual food to these morons

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

All those people in 1935 who switched their hopes from being "anointed" to being part of the GC, if they turn out to not really have been part of the GC after all as they were told (especially those who have since died), what good was it for them to reject Christ's offer to the New Covenant? What did they give up their anointing for? Having died, they have exactly the same destiny as a person who never heard of God or Christ to begin with, i.e. an earthly resurrection.

This is exactly why the society must go still further with the new light in order to make this doctrine of the 144,000 continue to work. It is NOT enough to simply just stop publishing the number because ALL current JW's know very well that there are already far more than 144,000 who have claimed to be of the annointed whether the number grows any further or they stop publishing or not. If 1935 is no longer the date of the "final sealing" of the annointed, then the rest of the 144,000 could have been made up a mere few years later from the swelling of the great crowd at that time. It was never taught that the 144,000 were never to be cherry picked over the years from amongst a great crowd of millions.

They were supposed to be the "FIRST FRUITS" or the first disciples of Christ, barring a few unfaithful. Well, the only way they could be picking young ones from the 144,000 to serve on the governing body, is to be bypassing at least as many older ones from that earlier era, and then some! Just how many of those old geezers are unfaithful anyway? What the hell are they doing, fornicating and taking up smoking in their 70's and 80's? This is why they have to either initiate some new light saying that the 144,000 are not the FIRSTFRUITS of Christ's disciples or the 144,000 is not a literal number. Not publishing the number will not stop the publishers from noticing that every congregation has a half dozen young annointed suddenly partaking of the emblems. I know JW's are blind and brainwashed, but surely to God, they are still capable of doing simple math!

Cog

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

* Apparently, the period in which "this generation" lives seems to correspond to the period covered by the first vision of the book of Revelation. (Rev. 1:10-3:22) This aspect of the day of the Lord extends from 1914 until when the last of the faithful anointed dies and is ressurected - See Revelation - Its Grand Climax at Hand! page 24, paragraph 4.

The only significant info is: apparently and seems. THey do not know the meaning of the prophecy for sure.Nice, try though. Seemed to be right, apparently. I cannot accept these clever definitions. I think that generation simply means 80 to 100 years corresponding to the generation of Jesus and the generation of Jews in the exodus.

It seems to me that we are not living now in the 1914 generation. Apparently, that was Pastor Russel's generation and all those people are dead. But, then again, I could be wrong.

People should fear though, that after going through hell on earth, that is nothing compared to judgements that await those wicked people.

It seems to me that God is not like that.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Notice the clever ambiguity of the footnote, the words Apparently and Seems. On the one hand these words simply mean what these words mean. On the other hand, these words also imply having sight refering to the seeing the sign of Jesus presence and hence also meaning with certainty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit