Goodbye from James Free

by James Free 38 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

all the best to you and yours mate

• minimus
    minimus

I think everyone has a different perspective of the board and of what it "should" do.

I guess if you don't like the food or the patrons of a restuarant, no one should force you to stay. To me, this place is more balanced than ever.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Take care James Free.

• JK666
    JK666

Bubbye James Free!

Mouthy, we need you. Every chatroom needs a nun to rap us across the knuckles from time to time. (j/k)

JK

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Wishing you the best on your journey through life.

momzcrazy

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Grasshopper - it is time for you to leave! And never forget to remove your shoes before walking on rice paper! That way you will leave it as untouched as when you first happened to step on it!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mouthy, we need you. Every chatroom needs a nun

If you could see me you would have a laugh ,,a nun???? LOL
    I get none but a nun I aint.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The bad things about these goodbye threads, There just like the county jail. When one inmate hangs himself around the hollidays 3 or 4 follow suit.

Whos next to fall out of the tree. A little monkey see monkey do sheep behavior.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I agree with you that this site is sometimes hostile to newbies. I also find that there are some newbies who log on for the sole purpose of antagonizing or baiting board members.

Human nature sometimes gets the best of everyone. The mods do what they can to temper the bashing.

Still, I agree, it is sometimes a bit more hostile than I believe is warranted. All the more reason for level-headed people to help keep the threads on target and help the newbies to find their footing.

I am now able to put 35 years of JW living completely out of my head.

That is very impressive but somehow I doubt that JW is *completely* out...

A poster told me that he joined the site because even though he was out for something like 10-20 years, had fully moved on with a non-JW life and felt he had completely 'emptied his suitcases', he would occaisionally find an old, smelly, crusty sock hiding inside.

"Where did *that* come from???"

I loved the analogy and hope you will remember it. If you happen to come across an old, smelly, crusty sock of your own that you were certain was emptied from your JW baggage, don't be to shy to come back and get some assistance with it.

Even if things are going perfectly and you just want a place to go to brag about how good your life is, many of us like that, too. It gives us hope that it's never too late to change our lives and actually find a good life outside of the WTS.

Share when you can - and enjoy!

I do wish you well!!

-Denise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit