I'm Screwed Up, You're Screwed Up

by Farkel 156 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

I have not followed very many threads of late, so if someone has already made the same observations I'm about to make, I apologize for my redundancy.

I admit it: I'm part of a highly secretive, highly elite group. (We have to drink two quarts of fresh Yak blood and get a tattoo of a Pentagram on our butts as part of of the initiation.) And I also freely admit that our elite group is not only bent upon seizing this board from Simon, but also taking over the entire Universe as we now know it using as our weapons, anaerobic organisms currently being developed in our secret network of labs on the planet Zolotone.

That being said, I will also say I am only speaking for myself in this thread. I've concluded that this board and everyone on it is part of an immediate family, like it or not. We spend more time together than many real families and as a result, fights, squabbles and name-calling is inevitable. I've lost it more than once, and I'm certainly not alone in doing so. I've said some vicious things I've later regretted saying. On the other hand, while we were growing up, my sister and I did some of the most vicious things to each other that can be imagined. Same is true with people I consider to be best friends. Face it, just like any normal family, we will have our moods and bad days and our hot buttons. When those buttons are pushed we will react. I doubt that much of the acrimony we've seen would've ever happened if we were just casual acquantances, but we aren't just casual acquantances. We LIVE together in this little piece of cyber-space. Some accumulate grudges, some jealousies, and some enjoy pushing hot-buttons. I enjoyed with a fiendish glee pushing my sister's hot-buttons when we were kids.

It would be bad enough if we were just a normal "family" here, but we're not. We're all screwed up. We're all dysfunctional. After all, almost all of us were dubs. One cannot be a dub without being screwed up. One cannot live and breath and pray and yearn for the greatest genocide in the entire human existence without being screwed up. One cannot hate and despise people who aren't in our religion without being screwed up. One cannot easily cut the bonds of family ties and treat a family member as "dead" because three people (who are screwed up themselves) sat in a closed meeting and announced that we were obliged to do so.

Face it, I'm screwed up, you're screwed up. If you refuse to admit that, then you were never a "good" dub and you were never "Spiritually Mature(tm)." One cannot be a "spiritually mature" dub without being totally screwed up.

As a result, we have to constantly recognize what we have in common (being screwed up) and deal with it and not fret so much over what we don't have in common, IMO. We have to show more tolerance and respect for our differences, and we constantly have to work on developing that "love" for each other that we never had as dubs. It is our duty, no, it is our OBLIGATION to rise above our sordid pasts and let our lives be the examples of compassion and understanding that we never had as JWs.

You'll have to excuse me now. I have to get back to my secret group. We have a Universe to conquer, you know.

Farkel

• teejay
    teejay
    Face it, I'm screwed up,...

I happen to believe you are absolutely right.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Who is the leader of your secret mob trying to take over the Universe? I want to know who to answer to.

Seriously, you are right. We are a family of sorts, and we will have our flare-ups from time to time. I just know that I love getting online to see what is going on in here.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Doug,

I was one of the bad dubs. I never good bring myself to pray for the death of the "worldling" After all, my mother was one. She is the one person in my life that I can always count on to be there for me and I her.\

Does that make me unscrewed? LOL

"I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without."

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I got my butt tattooed, and I've been drinking Yak's blood for centuries, and this is the first I've heard about a secretive highly elite group?!?!?!

DAMN!

Can I at least get a T-shirt?

- Nathan (genuflecting submissively)

• Free2Bme
    Free2Bme

. We have to show more tolerance and respect for our differences, and we constantly have to work on developing that "love" for each other that we never had as dubs. It is our duty, no, it is our OBLIGATION to rise above our sordid pasts and let our lives be the examples of compassion and understanding that we never had as JWs.

Well said Farkel, bruv.

Free

• Introspection
  • Francois
    Francois

Well Farkel, I'm certainly glad you didn't tell everyone about the two-way tooth radio/tv we all had installed upon initiation into the Melchezidek Brotherhood of Urantia. I though that initiation was very convincing by the way. Being keel-hauled in an 80 foot Morgan in the Southern Ocean was a little hard on the old boy here. And then things got worse.

In fact, I did say something very like what you have said here, but lacking your eloquence and insights, and utterly lacking in your dysfunctional family metaphor, which I think is a stroke of genius. And very spot on as well.

My two sisters used to lock themselves up in their room, and I could hear them talking sotto voce in there. I just knew they were talking about me. "Mom, Peggy and Nan are talking about me in their room with the door locked and they've got my radio in there running my batteries down. Tell 'em to stop."

I had no idea that grown up people continued to do these kinda things, but I guess they do.

FT

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Cygnus! Go to your room! And don't come out until your ready to apologize to Farkel. ;)

• Julie
    Julie

Hey Farkel,

Good post. You're sorta doin' a Father Farkelucci thing eh? Go and sin no more? Well I'll take a whack at it. Right after this anyway....

Teejay, You quoted Farkel:

Face it, I'm screwed up,...

You replied:

I happen to believe you are absolutely right.

How slimey of you to kick someone as they are just getting back up and you know it. Don't give me any of your "it was rhetorical/tongue-in-cheek" nonsense either. As I said to your Pal Dannybear earlier, today is not the day we award points for Classic Dodges, so save yourself the keystrokes. I've already dealt with this tactic of yours today, of course you never answered. Predicatable.

Keep on showing your true color Teejay (and we aren't talking skin here, to your dismay no doubt).

Julie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit