JW's Raised In - Did you get bullied during you Grade School Years?

by BBOARD 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius
    If I had a nickle for every time I was called a commi for not saluting the flag.

damn.......... i completely forgot about all that crap.

i went to a small school.............. and i was the ONLY JW. i finally graduated to highschool and when i did that year the only other witnesses moved to another school district so again i was the only witness.

it coulda been fun........... cause i coulda pretended i wasnt a dub.......... but being the completely brainwashed drone i was................ it sucked.

i was 6 2 and weighed 260 so i didnt get much crap except for a teacher or two.

i was FORCED to give my teachers the school brocure.......... so went to this one teacher. the one that EVERYONE said unanimously was the FUN teacher.......... he instantly took a dislikeing to me from that moment on. every opportunity he had he would be makeing snide remarks to me. one time he started teaching about evolution.......... and we happened to share the same last name so when he made a degradeing remarke to ME it appeard he was makeing fun of himself.

MR JONES might belive he got here from monkeys but we know better......... or something like that. only he said it alot meaner........... i was like GREAT..... even tho the rest of the class thought he was talking about himself........ i knew he meant me.

i even had some serious doubts then but i did what i was supposed to according to cult doctrine............ accepted the problem was with me and prayed and waited on jehovah to fix my doubts................ fortunately he did.......... i have NO DOUBTS that the jws are crazy ass cultmembers....... so i got the hell out

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Wow, great post. Oh yea, I got bullied. Called names, rocks thrown at me and my brothers and sisters, all the way through grade school, then it tapered off some in Jr. Hi and by Hi School things were back to "normal." But by then the damage was done. My dad didn't go to meetings while I was growing up, so we weren't considered good association. My parents were very fanatical, so we weren't allowed to be around anyone but witness kids. Add to that the constant belittling and fear mongering. Its no wonder I'm a damm hermit.

I say congratulations to all of us for escaping and finding our own varying degrees of happiness and wholeness.

Sherry

• naruto@postate
    naruto@postate

My Father got the commi comments when he refused to salute the flag. I dreaded each day I went to tech school, fearing i would be impaled on 3/4 inch copper tubing, due to my J dubism, and by my small stature.(Easy to impale weaklings I suppose.)

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

YUP, elementry was hell. I grew up in a small town where standing out was like pinning a kick me sign on your kid's shirt. I dont' have alot of good memories from those days. Although, some of them are funny now, like hiding in the coal pit because I was afraid to go to school cause someone was going to "beat me up". I learned to stand up for myself in grade 7 and I finally fought back. I had this girl who always picked on me, I finally cracked her one, right in the face, I'd had enough. I never really got physically picked on after that, but I never fit in either, I didn't go to my high school graduation because I was never really a part of the "class". Not to mention the fact that they were singing the national anthem and I was in the front row, yeah, sit down while everyone else stood in front of the whole town? No thanks.

• Gregor
    Gregor

It was more like humiliation for not saluting the flag, not participating in any holiday related school activities ("we would appreciate it if instead of having little Gregor make paper jack-o-lanterns he could just cut out paper circles. But, of course, not orange ones") No after school sports, dances, etc. It's no wonder I dropped out in the 11th grade. Besides, we all knew that you-know-what was just around the corner. What good is a HS diploma if you're dead?

Flip out, Mr Piece.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

You cracked me up with this:

BUT WHY SHOULD THEY IF THEY DON’T WANT TO AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY DON’T HAVE TO - AND GUESS WHAT THEY WOULD BE RIGHT NOT TO!

... because so many times I nearly lost it and showed my hand. It became actually physically sickening to have to swallow all my words so they'd form a bitter little ball. A lot of the time I would reply with an over-enthusiastic 'Yeah!!!!!!' This confused them - I got it to a point where they couldn't work out whether or not I was serious, and it would shut them up. But I think, a bit too much of that and a lot of people worked me out.

Your life, one day, is going to be so fantastic that you won't even remember all this. Hang in there.

Oh and welcome!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Grade school bullying is what haunts me to this day. That is the very basis of all of my problems. I've always known that and resented every JW thing about my life. Now it's gone and I am partying all of the major holidays with friends and making new friends. Being "worldly" rocks!

• justhuman
    justhuman

for sure

• free2think
    free2think

Yep.

I got bullied in primary school (grade school) and secondary school (high school). Both times it was by my 'friends.' When it happened in secondary school after a while i just had enough and lost it with the bully, by the end of it she was shaking and didn't come back to school much after that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit