Spirituality

by Aleman 79 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I'm curious, in what manner does the printing press combat "evil" ?

"Evil" lies within an individual and can only be "defeated" by the individual that possesses "evil"

What is your definition if evil?

Mine is "a selfish desire to impose ones will upon another , to satisfy a transient need"

Combating evil is done within an individual when the suffering one experiences proves the falacy of an ego driven existence.

Only thing we can affect a change on is ourselves , only children believe they can change other individuals .

• eclipse
    eclipse
    Mabey you don't believe this, but The Jehovah's Witness are the only religion that fight evil in its purest spiritual form around the globe.

Could you provide documentation to back up your observation of 'evil fighting'?

I would like to know exactly how they are fighting evil?

By preaching? um, that's how they spread their propoganda.

By building KingdomHalls? That's where they indoctrinate people, not fight evil.

Elders in tights fighting crime? Not in my country anyways....maybe you have evil-fighting elders in Texas?

Hmmm, Too bad they can't seem to fight the men, within the organization, who molest children.

Funny, even keeping the list of 20,000+ names of molesters a secret from brothers like you.

Yeah, fighting evil...good one.

• Aleman
    Aleman

But eclipse, what you are saying is like trying to say all blonds are dumb, or all mexicans are lazy, or all men are dogs or all women are bi**hes. Not all the brothers are as bad as you say. You only have a few cases of JWs doing these things compared to all other religions who constantly break their own rules.

As a matter of fact, almost all the JWs are morally superior to the rest of the world, Morality has become something frowned upon nowadays. We live in a 'dog eat dog' world where 'only the strong survive' and the JWs have always been humble, loving, careing, understanding human beings. Even women now always seem to choose 'bad boys' because this is what attracts them more than the nice, understanding, loving ones.

-Aleman

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Even women now always seem to choose 'bad boys' because this is what attracts them more than the nice, understanding, loving ones

Actually that goes boths way. Some men have the same weakness. And let me say this, not all women are like that...maybe just the ones you have encountered?

Josie

• eclipse
    eclipse

No, I did not say that all the brothers are molesters.

I stated that there are men in the organization who are molesters. I did not say that they all were.

When this supposedly PURE and CLEAN religion has as THAT many, if not MORE molesters, than the catholic church does,

(the catholic religion having millions more members on top of that)

does that tell you that they fight evil orharbour it??

You still have not shown any examples of your statement where this religion fights evil either.

As a matter of fact, almost all the JWs are morally superior to the rest of the world, Morality has become something frowned upon nowadays. We live in a 'dog eat dog' world where 'only the strong survive' and the JWs have always been humble, loving, careing, understanding human beings. Even women now always seem to choose 'bad boys' because this is what attracts them more than the nice, understanding, loving ones.

Yeah, I used to be as ignorant and as think as arrogant as you do.

makes me sick.

Glad I woke up and saw this religion for what it really is - LIES and DECEPTION.

And no, I was neither DF'd or DA'd, nor did I leave because of wrong doing, and I was raised in it..

I left because I finally listened to that voice inside my head saying: THIS RELIGION IS ALL WRONG!!!.

• Aleman
    Aleman

Yes Josie, men also have these tendancies too.

But I am trying to make a piont here, the reason why you left 'because of lies' is probably the few people you met lied to you knowing how you are. Mabey because of selfish reasons you left, but all things are never hidden from Jehovah. Anyone who does wrong will see their creator and face his judgment sooner or latter. Just a little patience and you'll see what I mean.

As for proof of what you ask of me, I will look for information in that topic and come Monday, I'll have it for you. Promise-

-Aleman

• eclipse
    eclipse
    But I am trying to make a piont here, the reason why you left 'because of lies' is probably the few people you met lied to you knowing how you are. Mabey because of selfish reasons you left, but all things are never hidden from Jehovah. Anyone who does wrong will see their creator and face his judgment sooner or latter. Just a little patience and you'll see what I mean.

OK, Aleman, knowing how I am? How do you know how I am? Have you met me in person to determine 'how I am'?'

Secondly, No individuals lied to me - since they are mindless brainwashed sheep just like I was.

OUR religion LIED. The Society LIED. The ORGANIZATION lied. The GOVERNING BODY lied.

Mabey because of selfish reasons you left

The correct spelling is : maybe

If you want to call using my brain selfishness, then I guess thinking is selfish.

Then you must be the most selfless person?

I am looking forward to this proof of fighitng evil that you speak of.

• fifi40
    fifi40

Aleman

False statement........the bible is the oldest book....please provide evidence of this.

Do you really think that most users of this site have not closely examined and studied the bible and also the many JW publications .

If you are concerned about spiritual deadness you need to talk to Little Toe (a former JW elder who is still a christain), Mouthy ex JW still religious, Auld Soul religious for example or the more fundy types like Vinny, JCanon or OBVES.......you will see that there are still those who have religious beliefs and that spiritual awareness lives on.....on this board.

If JWs fight evil they best start doing it in their own congregations first instead of covering up and ignoring the many child abuse cases and wife abuse cases that they ignore..........fact not fiction.

You missed one word out in your reply to Eclipse .........think.....they think they are morally superior.......and your commenting on this board has proved that time after time.........why are you trying to witness to ex witnesses who have been there and worn the T shirt........there are people on here who have served many years at Bethel, many years as Elders, served as CO's to the more common JW.........what do you think you can possibly tell us we dont already know or havent already heard.

Do you realise if you are a devout JW you should not be on this site? Why are you here? You are deliberately going against your religions teachings?

• Satanus
    Satanus

"You only have a few cases of JWs doing these things compared to all other religions who constantly break their own rules."

That isn't true. The wt and you judge people of others religions by it's own rules, not the rules of those religions. Other religions, like noncult protestant and catholic have less rules, fluid rules, or rules that are not enforced as much as those within the wt org. Everything in those religions are looser, whereas in the wt, allegations are run down, and offenders are interrogated, and guilty ones punished. If you like the extra rules, good for you. But, you're breaking them by being here, whatever the excuses you come up w.

S

• Aleman
    Aleman

Then I would also like proof that they all lied too. Give me proof that I shouldn't get babtized because they lied is a great start. As for calling you a selfish person, I am going to appologise until I see this proof you have for me. If this is the same propaganda I saw before that have very little to nothing to do with spirituality, and how Gods words were twisted and changed, then I will have to take my appology from you.

-Aleman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit