Spirituality

by Aleman 79 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Aleman
    Aleman

Why care about spiritual things? I see most of all of you speak in different opinions of what is or may be true spiritual things (while a few ar just freezing cold or dead spiritualy), but I ask all of you, why even bother to care or pretend to care of spiritual things?

-Aleman

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    why even bother to care or pretend to care of spiritual things?

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand the answer.

Peace to you, friend.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I care about spiritual things: I see a bible, and i think, hmm, living tree > dead paper, oh well. I pet my cat, and i see the spirit in her. I walk outside and see the spirit in the grass under my feet. If i have to kill a spider, i apologise. I see a sunrise/set, and i feel my spirit become more alive. Spirit is right here, right now. Can you feel it?

S

• Gopher
    Gopher

Aleman, what is your definition of "spiritual"?

I'm an atheist, so my definition of spirituality would have nothing to do with a religion, a holy book, or a deity. If you want to talk about life, love , sharing, caring -- that's spiritual to me!

And I definitely care about those kind of things!

• Aleman
    Aleman

Spiritual is defined as a concern with matters of the spirit involving in humankind's ultimate nature, often contrasts with the earthly or material or worldly. A connection to the metaphysical reality greater than oneself, which include the sence of a God or gods, or include an emotional experience of religious awe and reverence.

I personaly consider spirituality as a state of knowing the meaning of life, a connection with oneself and a higher being or creator. The principal teacher of values, ethics, and beliefs in it's pure uncontaminated form. Also as a transcendental demention of life beyond self where awareness and appreciation for a higher being exists.

But then again, what do I know.

-Aleman

• AK - Jeff
  • sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Spiritual is (can be) defined as a concern with matters of the spirit involving in humankind's ultimate nature, often contrasts with the earthly or material or worldly. A connection to the metaphysical reality greater than oneself (or equal to oneself), which (can) include the sence of a God or gods, or include an emotional experience of religious awe and reverence.

I personaly consider spirituality as a state of knowing the meaning of life, a connection with oneself and a higher being or creator. The principal teacher of values, ethics, and beliefs in it's pure uncontaminated form. Also as a transcendental demention of life beyond self where awareness and appreciation for a higher being exists.

But then again, what do I know.(Good point)

-Aleman

To each his or her own Aleman, but please don't assume that because someone doesn't share your interpretation of spirituality, that their interpretation is invalid, its only invalid to you.

• AK - Jeff
  • fifi40
    fifi40

Aleman

I have 2 answers to your questions

Firstly there are a lot of people who use this board whobelieve in God, are religious and as a result are concerned with things spiritual as per your description of that word.

Secondly there are some who are concerned for others who have a mistaken spiritual view which can result in harm to them and their families.

Fi

• Aleman
    Aleman

Actually, I got the first line off an encyclopedia. The second which you did not outline with yellow was my view.

-Aleman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit