Questions From Readers: Hunting/Fishing

by inkling 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sspo
    sspo

Next Questions From Readers will be!

Scriptural view of toilet paper and proper ways of using it.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

A Mormon friend of mine told me that they do not buy much meat during the Summer months. Meat is saved for the cooler weather. The Mormon church says that more veggies should be eaten, especially when they are ripe.

While I personally like this advice....why the HELL does a church have to say this? What about the great, summer backyard BBQ? Do Mormons shun them?

Same thing with this hunting article. If I'm fishing, and I pull up a skate (which I will not eat), and I accidentally kill the thing...while I'm trying to catch an edible fish...does the skate's death make me a "sinner" in Jehovah's eyes? What if I'm fishing off a bridge, and a carload of Jehovah's Witnesses go by. Now, they can say, "That Skeeter should be out in service." Little do they know, I'm trying to catch my dinner.

********************Micromanagement*******************

. "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." This is General Patton's ultimate anti-micromanagement quote. Although it's often easier to tell your subordinates exactly how do to a particular task, who says you know the smartest way to do it? Micromanagement stifles initiative and kills motivation. The folks in the trenches know the best way, so practice "centralized control and decentralized execution" and get out of the way.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Skeeter,

I was raised in SLC so I grew up with Mormons. They have classes for newlywed women teaching them household management, like use less soap in the laundry. Ever since they came to Utah everything they did was governed. What to plant, where to plant, where you live, you name it. But that helped them survive in the desert, so they figure it has to work now too. They used to be told not to have caffeine, but they bought into Coke or Pepsi and now they can have cold caffeine. O the stories! I've never heard about the meat in the summer one, I'm going to ask Grandpa next time I talk to him.

When I was researching the Watchtower I actually began to get confused if it was them or Mormons I was reading about.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Isn't it wonderful how we are provided meat in due season?

What a wonderful banquet of spiritual food we have at Jehovahs table.

All of u huntin bros best not have any deer or fish mounted and hangin from your walls.

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING - GIT HER DONE - FOR DA FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Favorite quote: Thus ,Christians do not kill animals merely for sport or for fun and with wanton disregard for life. Since hunting has gotten so expensive the only reason one would do it is for sport and fun. Hence the reason they call it a sport. No one hunts for the reasons Noah and his family did, unless your an inuit eskimo or an Australian aborigini........... It's much cheaper and far less time consuming to go to walmart and buy a steak. Time that could be used in preaching.

• justhuman
    justhuman

it is the same crap from GB

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I haven't hunted in years because I haven't had a need to or a place to store the meat. But, if opportunity arises and an empty deep freezer awaits, I have no problem thowing a few fish, deer, turkeys, ducks, etc in there for me to eat. I do have just a little problem with people who hunt just for the thrill of the kill. Just like I wouldn't go to the grocery store just to buy a steak so I can mount it above my fireplace, I don't hunt just to use the dead body of the animal I slaughtered as a home decoration.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit