Questions From Readers: Hunting/Fishing

by inkling 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• inkling
    inkling

alt

I guess this means you can maim and kill animals all you want, just so long as you don't enjoy it too much.

Sorta like being a Isrealite warrior who makes a living killing people but yet is commanded to "Hate Violence"

[inkling]

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

seems pretty reasonable to me

• Mulan
    Mulan

There was a family of men in our congregation that were obsessed with hunting. They talked about it all the time, and were so eager for hunting season, they were ridiculous. They said they did it to provide food for the family, but the wives and kids would never eat the deer, elk or bear that they killed. They ended up giving most of it away.

One of them was a good friend of ours, and he never could justify it to me, when I pointed out that the family wouldn't eat the meat. They just loved hunting.

I hated the whole idea of it.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I did alot of hunting and fishing when I was a "dub" and yes it cut into my service time and I did not give a S&^%.

• steve2
    steve2

My JW uncle who loves to hunt wild boar will probably ignore this article. He'd wince at the statement that he needs to maintain his spirituality whilst away. Come on, governing body: trying to spoil people's fun yet again. My uncle's a red-blooded man who just wants to go roaming through the vast backwoods, killing animals, and doesn't want to be bothered atending boaring (sorry, boring) meetings. He has the good sense to go away for up to two or more weeks at a time and hunt animals with his .22. I imagine it's the only peace he gets, although the wild boars may beg to differ.

• Gopher
    Gopher

They had to take a whole page to say "it's okay"? Geez.

They quote Romans 14:13 about not judging, but a few paragraphs before they judged the "hunting culture" as unchristian. What the hell is the "hunting culture" anyway? Is it different than the "fishing culture"? How about the "volleyball culture" - do they judge that too?

And how do they know that the apostles didn't brag about their fishing prowess? They were at each others' throats all the time. The WTS just pulled material out of their anal orifice, as usual.

This thing is ripe for parody, right Deacon????

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Oh my holy lord! One more way to control peoples' THOUGHTS. I think officially they have invaded every aspect of life now.

I guess it's wrong then that when my hubby kills a deer he tears out it's beating heart and takes a bite? After that he thanks the spirit of the deer for feeding his family and we all smear blood on our faces and dance around chanting. I guess that's bad huh?

momzcrazy

• Gopher
    Gopher
    I think officially they have invaded every aspect of life now.

WRONG! They haven't covered whether you should put on your pants or your shirt first.

I guess it's wrong then that when my hubby kills a deer he tears out it's beating heart and takes a bite? After that he thanks the spirit of the deer for feeding his family and we all smear blood on our faces and dance around chanting. I guess that's bad huh?

LOL !!!

• BrentR
    BrentR
    I guess that's bad huh?

It might conjuer up a demon or two but other then that it sounds fun!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes - quite a few in our congregation who are keen hunters

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit