Questions From Readers: Hunting/Fishing

by inkling 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Seriously though, our family eats all the meat my husband hunts and kills. Last winter we had 4 deer and 1 wild boar.

• little man
    little man

Ill hunt an fish till i die an then soom so be it.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Wild game is the healthiest meat you can get. No hormones, no dyes, no antbiotics or pesticides and very little fat.

People sometimes label it as "gamey" but the reality is commercial meat is very bland. Maybe all the crap they put in it is so it has at least some flavor.

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Oley Crap! I fish, but don't hunt. This is freakin hilarious.

What's next...."The Grocery Store Culture" ...... "Are you in close association with unbelievers by partaking in avid Grocery Store shopping. Try and limit yourselves to shopping only twice per month. This will allow those with honest hearts more field service time, and will keep you away from those publications at the checkout line that tend to pull Publishers into the realms of the adversary. One must strictly avoid strolling down the Condom & Lubricant Isle even if your intent is on purchasing an item only found on that isle, but is not of the sexual nature. This can only make those brothers and sisters that see you, stumble, and would not be pleasing to the Governing Body er uh, Jehovah God"

This will leave many an outdoorsman in the borg, scratching their heads and give fading a shot. I give 2 thumbs and 2 big toes up on this article.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Some JWs tried to give me a hard time for hunting and I used that article to shut them up.

There's nothing better than a nice, spicy venison sausage for breakfast.

W

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

If you are going to piss off members of the flock, it is wise not to piss off the ones with guns. idiots!!

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

when will i stop............. when you can pry my cold dead fingers.......................

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

My first thought is how happy I am to not be under the thumb of these kooks anymore. I don't want to hunt or fish, but if I do, flipping through the "Index" to find the "current thinking on the matter" isn't something I'll need to dick with. Yay!

The second thing that struck me was this line:
    "Furthermore, Christians obey all of "Caesar's" laws regarding hunting and fishing, whether the authorities enforce them or not."

Unless, of course, the Christian happens to live in Mexico, is in need of a "yes, I performed my military service" card, and has a few bucks to bribe the government official. Then it's ok. But all other times, we obey "Caesar's" laws.

Faithful and Discreet, eh? Well, zero outta two ain't bad...

Dave

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Its interesting that they discuss the moral accountability in killing animals for sport, but not the wholesale processing of millions of cows and chickens per year so we can eat our burgers and chicken breasts. To me, there is less nobility in the latter than the former.

• marmot
    marmot

Steve2, your uncle hunts wild boars with a .22? That's borderline sadistic unless you can get a brain stem shot. It'd be like trying to kill someone with a one-inch dull knife.

I'm sure you're mistaken.

As for myself, I accompany my cousins and my other friends hunting but I'm too lazy to do all the hiking through the bush so I just stay at the cabin and cook chili while making sure the beer gets consumed. I love target shooting and archery, though. Maybe when I get myself into shape I'll go along into the mountains and try my hand at taking a moose of my own.

Mention hunting at my previous congregation, though, and you were sure to be marked as bad association. They were a very liberal bunch (which is ironically very far removed from the actual meaning of the term). Fishing wasn't too bad but there weren't many others who liked it as much as I do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit