Why are we telling Iran they can't have nukes?

by mavie 131 Replies latest jw friends

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Apart from their faith being different than ours, why are they viewed as such a threat?

O

ligarchically

I

ssued

L

egislation

BA- Just Guessin'

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin
    Why are we telling Iran they can't have nukes?

The USA wants to rule the world, the goals are primarily Imperialistic. There are humainitarian reasons 4 telling Iran,,, but the primary is USA supeirority and world domination. The USA is the greatest threat to world peace, it is not the benevolent super world power that the indoctrinated and niave proclaim.

Arsenal of Hypocrisy :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4835966027154828456

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Do the Arab countries not have a right to defend themselves should Israel decide to launch first?
    Actually I would love to see all the Arab countries have nukes bring on armageddon and we'll see who's left after the dust settles...

From my European PoV - the biggest nutcases in possession of nuclear weapons are and always have been the U.S. They purely look after their own interests and they get upset when those interests (eg OIL!) seem threatened. But in a similar tone to nvr - I at least recognise that not all US citizens are nutcases. Zeroday, just for one minute, take away all your emotive hype about Muslims, Armageddon and the rest and answer the question I asked before - why should Arab nations not be permitted to have the ability to defend themselves should Israel attack first? Seriously, I have more concerns about countries which blatantly refuse to allow their nuclear capabilities to be scrutinised - especially when they lock up their own citizens in solitary confinement when they do the whistleblowing - what does Israel really have to hide?

• zeroday
    zeroday

Zeroday, just for one minute, take away all your emotive hype about Muslims, Armageddon and the rest and answer the question I asked before - why should Arab nations not be permitted to have the ability to defend themselves should Israel attack first?
    OK I'll be serious for a second. Say all the Arab nations have nukes do you think that will be a stabilizing force for the middle east. If you can say yes then that's fine you live alot closer to them than I do...And do you think the Arab world will just stop at Israel, Europe has a large millitant Islamic population that would love to islamaify Europe...

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Please answer my question first zeroday:

Do Arab nations have a right to defend themselves should Israel attack first?

• zeroday
    zeroday

Do Arab nations have a right to defend themselves should Israel attack first?

If Israel has threatened to wipe its neighbors off the face of the map then yes they do have the right to defend themselves but something tells me Iran doesn't want nukes to defend itself from Israel... The existence of Israel has been threatened by its neighbors since day one who is defending themselves from whom...

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Brent,

It's the UN that is demanding inspections to make sure the enrichment is not for weapons grade plutonium, not the US.

Iran has never opposed UN inspectors examining its nuclear facilities, in fact it has actively encouraged them to do so. A starting point for diplomatic compromises to take place.

Unfortunately the US would be used to enforce any UN resolutions.

The US has plans outside of the UN, and outside of diplomacy and has never made any secret of this, and therein lies the problem. Those who do not learn from the mistakes of history are destined to repeat them. HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

AlmostAthiest,

If you believe that by quoting facts and using logic you will make inroads on these political threads, you will be sadly frustrated. Do not forget that many here get their information from the media equivalent of "Watching the World" and that most have been trained by the WTS in the art of instantly appealing "end-of-the-world scenarios.

Good luck!

HS

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Ok I'll answer you now zeroday

I don't believe that Arab nations would nuke Europe, because Europe is more than capable of defending itself and retaliating. As for the Islamification of Europe, if it happens, I think it will be far more covert than a military attack - it will be at Government policy level and it is already happening - with Government assistance (PC has done more damage than good to race relations). I believe it will come in unnoticed through the back door.

As for Israel - the same thing applies, they wouldn't nuke them because as you already pointed out, Israel is more than capable of obliterating them, so in this respect, yes it might have a stabilising effect in the Middle East. (I actually think the Arab nations would more likely wipe each other out with nukes before attacking Israel - they aren't as united as the rest of the world thinks!)

All the scenarios both you and I present are hypothetical though. The bottom line is that any nation in the world, regardless of what we think of them has a right to be able to defend itself.

Fear is the greatest enemy of the entire planet - it breeds the suspicion and hatred from which everything, from schoolyard bullying to wars, start.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I think Iran should be allowed to develop nuclear technology

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit