Why are we telling Iran they can't have nukes?

by mavie 131 Replies latest jw friends

• BrentR
    BrentR

The History Channel yesterday just had a program about Iran's nuclear program. The levels of enrichment that they are doing are far beyond what is needed to generate power. They are also not cooperating with UN inspectors. If they had nothing to hide they would want inspections to vindicate them. They have also obtained weapons blueprints from Russia.

• seawolf
    seawolf
    And which irrational leader would you want with the nuclear button...

Whichever one has the god that does the least amount of communicating.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    And which irrational leader would you want with the nuclear button...

It's quite possible that they both already have the button.

Besides, do you think dropping a nuke on Iran will help win the hearts and minds of the Islamic world?

How many terrorists, generations of terrorists, would such an action create?

Obviously, the U.S. needs to defend itself like any other sovereign nation.

But much of this mess started with a preemptive strike against Iraq.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

How dare you talk about our President that way, kerj!

Nvr, he's to dumb to be insane!

• roybatty
    roybatty

How can this be dealt with diplomatically?

That is the million dollar question!

How do you deal diplomatically with an insane person! Not saying we shouldn't try, but look what happened in N. Korea!

Exactly! I was waiting for someone to mention N. Korea. Spent the 90's in diplomatic talks with them - basically being blackmailed by them - and they still built nukes.

Thank you President Clinton!

• zeroday
    zeroday

Besides, do you think dropping a nuke on Iran will help win the hearts and minds of the Islamic world?

The US will never nuke Iran Israel will beause the hearts and minds of the Islamic World wants Israel destroyed...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Once again, I have to agree with you, Zeroday.

But what Israel does will surely impact all of us.

Religious fundamentalism is fueling much of this.

Even where calculating non-believers may be manipulating the religious fervor of the masses, it's the dogma that feeds the hate that fuels the fire.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    it's the dogma that feeds the hate that fuels the fire.

But who's dogma is feeding the hate, Christian, Jewish or Islamic... There is only one reason Iran wants a nuke and that is to drop on Israel and believe me they WILL if they can...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    it's the dogma that feeds the hate that fuels the fire.
    But who's dogma is feeding the hate, Christian, Jewish or Islamic... There is only one reason Iran wants a nuke and that is to drop on Israel and believe me they WILL if they can...

And you're going to tell me that there aren't groups in the US and Israel that would love to see all Muslims evaporated?

• zeroday
    zeroday

And you're going to tell me that there aren't groups in the US and Israel that would love to see all Muslims evaporated?

I don't doubt that for a second but they don't have a nuke to evaporate with Iran wants one...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit