Why are we telling Iran they can't have nukes?

by mavie 131 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    If Isreal is attacked by Iran with nukes they will retaliate and all hell will break loose.

I hate how people don't see this as a double standard. Why doesn't anyone question why Israel is allowed to have nuclear weapons and where they got them?

I can definitely see why the US doesn't want Iran to have them but in my opinion Israel is just as dangerous as Iran!

• BrentR
    BrentR

Israel is not a signatory to the NPT so they have not violated any international agreements. If the world's governments wanted them to reduce or eliminate thier nukes it would have to be through diplomatic requests and incentives.

Iran would be in a much safer position if they had not signed the treaty, but they did and have to deal with the consequences of doing so.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Israel should have been pressured to sign the treaty. But Israel always gets special treatment. If Isreael nukes anyone it's tantamount to the US nuking them.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    But Israel always gets special treatment.

Duh!

They're God's chosen people.

It's in the Bible, for Christ's sake!

• BrentR
    BrentR

I have very strong opinions about them myself and thier threat to humanity but I do not vocalize them.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

It's not polically correct to call a spade a spade when it comes to Israel. Be careful or you'll be labeled an "anti semite"!!!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

It's not polically correct to call a spade a spade when it comes to Israel. Be careful or you'll be labeled an "anti semite"!!!

Your opinion of the State of Israel- Have your religious views affected it?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>The criminals in this illustration have openly declared their intent to destroy Israel for years and have tried on a few occasions. Israel has had to become the well armed "mad dog that no one wants to bother" out of absolute neccessity.

I'm not just pretending to be ignorant -- I *AM* ignorant. Can you share some links to help me see this unreasoning belligerence toward Israel and the West?

Dave

• BrentR
    BrentR

It's a complicated history lesson that is muddled up with cultural and religious fanaticism along with turf fights. The info is good to read up on since they are in news weekly and will be well into the future.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I'm not just pretending to be ignorant -- I *AM* ignorant. Can you share some links to help me see this unreasoning belligerence toward Israel and the West?

Just read "Why I am not a Muslim" by Ibn Warraq -an ex Muslim - he goes into great detail

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit