Why are we telling Iran they can't have nukes?

by mavie 131 Replies latest jw friends

• mavie
    mavie

Hey Brother Apostate:

I see narcissists

• seawolf
    seawolf

The whole Iran thing now is the same thing that went on with Iraq. It's going to be at least as big of a mess with at least as many lies. It's all funded with money we don't have so doesn't really matter what's a few more trillion dollars?

• NotaNess
    NotaNess
    Do the Arab countries not have a right to defend themselves should Israel decide to launch first? What exactly is Israel up to - they seem to be allowed to have as many warheads as they like and nobody is batting an eyelid, merely because they haven't signed the nuclear non-proliferation treaty. Maybe to sign that treaty was Iran's biggest mistake - damned if they did, damned if they didn't.

Top line: seriously, that's not gonna happen, unless it's necessary for JUST reasons.

Bottom Line: I relate that to criminals (ie. those intent on exterminating the Israelies & us) complaining that the cops ( the Israelies, US, GB, etc ) have too many guns or too much advantage.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>I relate that to criminals (ie. those intent on exterminating the Israelies & us) complaining that the cops ( the Israelies, US, GB, etc ) have too many guns or too much advantage.

For that illustration to work, you have to be able to show that the criminals do actually intend (or really, really want) to exterminate the Israelis and us. Can you do that?

Dave

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

intent is rarely easy to prove

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If all nations had nuclear technology - there would be less reliance on oil - that would be good

• Satanus
    Satanus

http://www.yourmailinglistprovider.com/pubarchive.php?iapinfo+833

Speaking during an interview which was published in Jerusalem Friday, Professor Martin Van Crevel said Israel had the capability of hitting most European capitals with nuclear weapons.

We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets of our air force.

Asked if he was worried about Israel becoming a rouge state if it carried out a genocidal deportation against Palestinians, Creveld quoted former Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Dayan who said Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother.
    Our armed forces are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that this will happen before Israel goes under.

Isaiah 49
    6Indeed He says,
    "It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant
    To raise up the tribes of Jacob,
    And to restore the preserved ones of Israel;
    I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles,
    That You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth."' NKJV

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

The above news report was originally at that address. It seems to have disappeared from there, and from the internet, in general, since then. It has only survived on a very few sites. One of them is rense com - http://www.rense.com/general34/esde.htm Has someone been cleaning up?

S

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Iran wants the Bomb so it can use it

By Daniel Hannan
    Last Updated: 12:01am GMT 05/11/2007

Have your say Read comments

One of the many tragic consequences of the Iraq war is that it has made it harder to act against Iran. The geographical and alphabetical proximity of the two countries tempts us into false comparisons. Look at the mess the neo-cons made in Iraq, we think. We surely can't let those clots try the same failed strategy against Iran. Nor do you hear this argument only from tousled students.

SEE LINK:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2007/11/05/do0503.xml

• Gregor
    Gregor

For that illustration to work, you have to be able to show that the criminals do actually intend (or really, really want) to exterminate the Israelis and us. Can you do that?

Dave

The criminals in this illustration have openly declared their intent to destroy Israel for years and have tried on a few occasions. Israel has had to become the well armed "mad dog that no one wants to bother" out of absolute neccessity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit