How many times have you said goodbye to the forum?

by wanderlustguy 64 Replies latest jw friends

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I know the feeling Scully. I just realized that yesterday was 2 years for me

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Recently I had a goodbye thread, I was sincere. I felt that moving on was my continuing recovery. Little did I realize I was just getting started. I had to look at the board differently. I have made alot of friends here, and the board is full of knowledge and I still needed it socially.

I feel badly that people think it is just a way to get attention. I want to know when and if people leave. Just like when someone comes to my house. I want to say good-bye, glad you came, I enjoyed your company, hope to see you again. I don't have to wonder if they have left, and if they were happy when they left.

Now I am a bit closer to some posters I wanted to get close to and its to them I will let know if I am not going to actively participate on the board, as for others I dont think they give a rats batootie if I am gone. There are great posters here. I miss many, and I have found out eventually why some have quit posting.

I think for some that leave saying goodbye is closure and I just dont find anything wrong with it.

purps

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Zero.

I don't post as much, but I still lurk a lot

• JH
    JH

I've been posting here 5 years now, and after 5 years we get 3 weeks vacation

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Zero. Until the day comes when I actually am leaving, you won't see any goodbye threads/posts from me.

Yeah, that's what they all say. I have had to take temporary leaves and posted a thread telling everyone, twice. It is good to let us know if you're leaving. I guess my advice is don't say it's permanent if it's not.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

It's been almost three years for me...wow. Looking back, each goodbye was the end of a stage I went through.

Maybe the trick is to not view it as grandstanding for others, but maybe as more of an announcement for the person posting it to themselves.

The point of the thread was to show how many people say goodbye and then come back. The amount of information here is staggering and has layers, just like our recovery. We say goodbye to one layer, the one we were involved with, and then come back and are interested in a whole different type of post...another layer.

I gotta go to work dammit.

WLG

• new boy
    new boy

Stared in March of "02" Left in November of "02"

Back in March of "05" Left in April of "05"

Back in November of "06" Left in May of "07"

Back in October of "07"....getting ready to leave real soon.

NB

• KW13
    KW13

2-3 times, each time its been to sort life out or put JWD and the witnesses into a new perspective and try to adjust my priorities, i bet people hate me now lol

• jambon1
    jambon1

Never.

This forum was my help and my stay even as a lurker for the last few years of my time in the org. To find a set of people that confirmed that I wasn't the only one who had the same doubts gave me a massive sense of relief and courage.

I may not post a lot, but I feel that I will always make a valuable contribution to the board when I can.

If my comments help even a few people then I am pleased.

• bem
    bem

I have never announced my good bye cause I never really leave JWD, I do take breaks from posting and reading, I admit it is sometimes best to take the break and recoup.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit