How many times have you said goodbye to the forum?

by wanderlustguy 64 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I disappear occasionally, but don't do the goodbye threads. Last time I was gone for 6 months.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Once I did because I thought I got everything off my chest. But, it seems I didn't because I came back.

I guess at some point I will slow down and post once in a while or maybe just become a lurker.

LHG

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I don't think I have ever posted a "goodbye" (even when something said has upset me).....but I HAVE quite often been involved with posting at other boards and have not checked in on JWD very much. I ALSO must say that this forum is "home", it is where I feel the most comfortable....and will always feel the most attachment to.

hugs,

Annie

• anewme
    anewme

I think once officially.

And maybe two or three times in my heart.

But I always come back.

Now I just think JWD is a good thing and its there when I need to talk.

I am comfortable with the humanity here.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I learned to take a break from here before I get pissed. Three of them have been for at least a week. JWD is a completely different forum then the other hobby related ones I visit. There are more problems/flames here then all the hobby forums put together. The only reason I can see is religious and political discussions are allowed here.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Taking an unannounced break can be healthy.

Yes. Please. The big swan songs are all about getting attention. If you care that much about the board, you wouldn't be leaving. So just go!

• freeme
    freeme

i dont feel like theres any need of saying goodbye. i come here when i need it or when im bored and dont come here if i dont need im not bored :) simple, but effective.

i can easily imagine me not visiting the forum for years and come back again.

i dont like goodbye threads (at least i wouldnt make one), since the first time you usually come back is the moment when you check what the others answered to your goodbye thread. LOL! :-D

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

In all fairness I have seen plenty go and stay gone after saying goodbye, and I have done it myself. I do think it is better to say goodbye than to just walk out, just like if we were all in a room and one of us just walked out without saying anything.

Sometimes it is difficult to remember that there are very real people behind the posts, with all the same needs and emotions. It doesn't mean we all have to feel the same way, but rather we are just as diverse and handle things differently.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I do think it is better to say goodbye than to just walk out, just like if we were all in a room and one of us just walked out without saying anything.

I do that all the time.

W

• Scully
    Scully

It just occurred to me that I joined JWD exactly 6 years ago today...

Part of me thinks "wow... that's awesome" and another part of me thinks "wow... that's pathetic."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit