How many times have you said goodbye to the forum?

by wanderlustguy 64 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Never said goodbye - dont believe in them - they are attention seeking IMHO. Once did not post for over 4 weeks though

• JH
    JH

I simply slow down, when i dont feel like being around as much

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've slowed down or taken breaks from posting. I think a "goodbye thread" would be self defeating. After posting such a thread, my first inclination would be to follow up to see the responses. Some might say "don't go". Others would say "who cares". Still others would say, "just go already, you're an asshole anyway." Then there's the urge to respond, and the planned exit never happens.

W

• bigwilly
    bigwilly
    meh...I've been a drifter since day one.... don't think I've ever done a farewell thread ... just kinda follow many of my favorite people on out the door ... then drift back in from time to time to poke around for a bit.

Pretty much the same here. During my hayday at Thomschat I had to start letting people know when I was on vacation to avoid a pile of "where's bw?" threads. I take the fact that nobody does that anymore as a good thing, means I've removed myself from the interwebs well enuf

• DJK
    DJK

Once!!

I came back because it is a great forum.

• Fleur
    Fleur

I've taken vacations from posting. Up to a couple of weeks or so at a time. Nobody seemed to notice.

:: shrugs ::

Scully this must've been while I was gone, because you're one of a very few people that I immediately search recent posts for when I come in and out. (((((((Scully))))))))))

I don't know how many times I've come and gone- I've backed away slowly, run away screaming, panicked internally and just vanished. When some things are as emotionally charged as JWD is, it's hard to predict if something will trigger you- if I get triggered into abuse flashbacks, I find it really hard to stay and usually have to leave for awhile. On another subject, though, I don't agree with the 'goodbye threads' being attention seeking. I think that if you've made friends on a forum it's only polite to tell them if you plan on being away- so people don't think you fell off the edge of the Earth. I care about the people here- when someone vanishes, I worry something bad has happened to them. So I, for one, always appreciate being told if someone is taking a leave of absence. As for me, I don't do the goodbye threads anymore because it's never really goodbye for me- it usually ends up as 'until next time'. essie
  • snowbird
    snowbird

I wonder if JCanon has vanished for good.

Sylvia

• R.F.
    R.F.

Said goodbye once. I wasn't gone long at all.

R.F.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum goodbye forum

30 times

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Scully - just because she's embarrassed now...

Me - 5 - attention seeking drama queen

Warlock - 3 - attention seeking drama princess

JGnat - 1 -

DJK - 1

RF - 1

Blondie - .5

About half a dozen other folks who just walked away and left everyone wondering how to put people from a forum on milk cartons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit