Were you ever afraid of demons?

by Regretful_J 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Regretful_J
    Regretful_J

hello everyone, my story is a unique one I suppose but here it goes.,, Ever since I was a little boy whenever I would voice my objections about this religion my parents would tell me im making satan happy and that I'm inviting demons into are house by saying and thinking things like this. My parents are such religious fanatics that it seems like nothing I do can ever be good enough for them. To this day they always claim that they come down hard on me like this because "they're trying to protect me". Growing up I never felt quite right and I always had low self esteem. I have lots of issues that haven't been resolved yet and I'm not sure if or when they ever will be. This religion does alot to keep control over their "followers". I grew up out in the country and in a conservative environment which probably alienated me even more. Even though I liked landscape where I was at and all the nature, the people were way to backwards thinking for me and I never clicked with any of them. This however didn't stop my parents from forcing me to get involved with all their activities and I was miserable almost all the time.

Anyway enough about all that. I want to know, have any of you ever been afraid of demons and/or demon possession? To this day it scares me to death and I want to believe that its just a scare tactic so bad but I've been indoctrinated so bad that I have a hard time shaking it off. Please let me know guys. Thanks in advance

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Yes. I was never "threatened" with them (that I was making satan happy when I misbehaved or something) - but I did have a mother that was basically obsessed with the whole demon-thing. She spoke about demons, objects being posessed, houses and people being posessed all the time. If a person gave her a bad wibe, or looked at her in a strange way, that person was posessed, period. In addition to this, she was obsessed with Armageddon and everything about it, and wouldn`t stop talking about it. All that stuff scared me to death, and it followed me into my adult life, long after I had left the jws. I didn`t stop checking under my bed and in the closet until I was in my mid-twenties (I`m serious!!!) - and even to this day, if I have the appartment to myself over the weekend, I have problems sleeping with the lights off. Raising a child this way is child abuse. I can forgive her to some extent, because I know she wasn`t quite right in the head. Paranoid personalities + JW beliefs is f##king bad news, I tell you...

• dawg
    dawg

Hey bro, good to have you... that is a great question!

When I was a little boy I used to be afraid, but as I started getting older I left that fear behind. I mean, if God exists like your parents believe wouldn't he be able to protect you from his adversarie?

My cousin just left the organization and the question you asked was why he left. He kept believeing that Satan was making him have doubts until one day he realized that Satan could be working through the organization itself... that the organizationm could be in fact an instrument of Satan.. He caught the elders in lies and then started researching and found out about lies in the GB, so he asked himself who was the father of the lie? WHat is the only sin God hates? A liar right? THat's when it hit him like a a-bomb... the org was just simply wrong... pretty cool-right? To think that's what swayed him

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

YES .....as a youngster I believed all those demon stories so popular with the witnesses . When I got married I thought I had bought something at a garage sale that was possessed and threw it away . When my kids were little we were careful what toys and books they brought home lest we invite demons in to the house .

Then I finally grew up .I realized those stories were continuing to be past on now with my kids peers ...urban legends .

I guess there could be something out there ,but I highly doubt it and I no longer am terrified by the unknown ......I think that just comes with age and experience .

My experience has been no matter how many things I 've bought at garage sales I have never become demon infested . We now read and watch supernatural thrillers and again no ghosts live at my address . I have attended Christendoms churches and Satan did not follow me home .

. I

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Heck ya, in fact, here's a really mortifyingly embrasessing story of my own. When I was eighteen, I had my own apartment, was going to school for esthetics, and one night I had this really weird noise in my apartment, I was convinced it was the "demons". Like a scratching noise.

Happened the next day, I wouldn't even stay in my apartment I was so scared, I finally got the courage up to go back and investigate my place. It turned out to be a faulty thermostat switch that was making the noise, I felt like a complete and utter moron to say the least.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I had a vivid imagination as a child, and lots of times got scared out of my wits. Once I realized the whole thing was a sham, I've had no "experiences" or heard any weird "noises" since, even though I do nothing "theocratic" anymore. Funny how that works, huh. ;-)

• bluebell
    bluebell
    Once I realized the whole thing was a sham, I've had no "experiences" or heard any weird "noises" since, even though I do nothing "theocratic" anymore. Funny how that works, huh. ;-)

how true!

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

When I was young before I ever even knew what demons were. I saw shadow ghosts that changed form right in front of me. I knew they were evil too. I could feel it. They even used to poke me in my sleep. I asked my father, if I could sleep in his bedroom and he sent me to the farthest darkest part of the house with a blanket to sleep on the floor, far away from the triple bunk bed with my brothers.

I was so enraged, I think God himself took mercy on me. I was too angry to be scared after that. Sometime they changed into animals too. When I got older learning about demons didn't help any.

My brother and I heard an audio paranormal sound that would have made the history books if recorded. We both heard it and couldn't beleive our ears. It was the the most hair raising evil sound we have ever heard. Our house is at least a hundred years old.

My brother remembers seeing something that looked like a lizard wearing my mothers night gown pointing out the window as well. He is an artist and can even draw what he saw.

Shadow ghosts, and audio phenomenon are very rare, and if it never happened to me, I would never beleive someone who spoke of it. ...But, it happened, what can I say?

I don't know if it is demons, spirits of the dead, or aleins, but there is something going on for sure.

I try to be very scientific in my veiw towards any phenomenon, and I don't beleive in any fairy tales, but even if I was never a witless, I would still have to say that there is something going on that I cannot explain.

I could speak of other things that happened but I don't think anyone would beleive it anyways. I doubt anyone beleives even what I just wrote.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm sure you saw something Ty, I'm just not sure something was there. ;-)

• Maddie
    Maddie

I have always been a little bit nervous about "things that go bump in the night", but I had an experience that really terrified me!!!!!!!

I wasn't feeling well so was laying on my sofa watching the TV - it was day time and I was alone in the house. Suddenly, the channels on the TV started flicking from one to the other on their own, then the washing machine turned itself on. I got in a panic and thought I was being attacked by demons. I didn't know what to do so I phoned the Electric Board and told them what was happening and they said they would send someone out because there was probably a faulty connection. By the time someone came, the problem had stopped but the electrician looked at my electric meter and said it needed replacing and that it could have been the cause of the problem.

It never happened again thank goodness but it really freaked me out and I was a nervous wreck for ages afterwards.

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit