Barbara Anderson's Paedophilia CD: The Watchtowers Chocolate Cake Defence

by Duncan 62 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• besty
    besty

bttt in light of recent publicity

great work Duncan

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I was so impressed by this that I printed it and sent it to my therapist. She thought it very well thought out and written. The point that got her to chuckle was when she mentioned that apparently there is no cake. There are no JW's in California. And if there are, it's not us. LOL. How about some more commentaries such as this one?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

An excellent analysis. Thanks for the cut out and keep guide.

Can you imagine the article they would print if this was the Catholic church? I remember a whole Watchtower slating catholics for duplicity years ago. They really are hypocrites of the highest order.

• nelly136
    nelly136

great post duncan, I often wonder how they can say they have no titles and no status and no 'confession' and yet cling to the rules that clergy use

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20020101/article_02.htm

Jehovah's Witnesses today try to live according to Scriptural principles. They recognize that social classes have no meaning in the eyes of God. Thus, they have no clergy/laity division, and they are not segregated according to skin color or wealth. Although some of them may be wealthy, they do not focus on "the showy display of one's means of life," for they realize that such things are only transitory. ( 1 John 2:15-17 ) Rather, all are united by their worship of the Universal Sovereign, Jehovah God.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/rq/article_14.htm

4. In each congregation, there are elders, or overseers. They take the lead in teaching in the congregation. ( 1 Timothy 3:1-7 ; 5:17 ) They are assisted by ministerial servants. ( 1 Timothy 3:8-10 , 12, 13 ) These men are not elevated above the rest of the congregation. ( 2 Corinthians 1:24 ) They are not given special titles. ( Matthew 23:8-10 ) They do not dress differently from others. Neither are they paid for their work. The elders willingly look after the spiritual needs of the congregation. They can provide comfort and guidance in times of trouble.— James 5:14-16 ; 1 Peter 5:2, 3 .

• martinwellborne
    martinwellborne

It also reminds of Bart Simpson

1.."I didn't do it "

2.."Nobody saw me do it"

3.. "You can't prove anything thing"

The legal sidewinding in this case seems unbelievable, but their lawyers have had plenty practice in court.

• katiekitten
  • Dagney
    Dagney

bttt for wha happened

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Excellent thread worth reading again, and some relief from the crazy AAWA nonsense.

• talesin
  • Dagney
    Dagney

I love the chocolate cake defense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit