Barbara Anderson's Paedophilia CD: The Watchtowers Chocolate Cake Defence

by Duncan 62 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• yesidid
  • yesidid
    yesidid

Now that was something else.

Thank you so much Duncan, that was clear, concise and very illuminating.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

If the attorneys are JW's or not it's really irrelevant. Litigating many time myself, the attorneys would write the the answers to the interrogatories or depositions and I would approve them and sign them off. It wasn't my words exactly but as long as I was in agreement with it I would sign it off and that would be my legal stance.

• Duncan
    Duncan

Dear everyone,

Many thanks to everyone who has read and commented on this thread.

Nice to hear from one or two old friends as well.

On the matter of whether the lawyers were all Witnesses, I must admit, I kind of asumed that everyone who worked on the Watchtower legal team was a Witness, I just thought that's how they did things. My comment about that chap Schnack, for example, kind of makes no sense unless it's within the context of him being a witness. If he's just a non-witness hired hand, I guess, he was just doing his job, and he CAN be proud of himself, for all I care.

The real target of my piece was, of course, the Watchtower organisation. I just wanted to remind them that they were not just appearing in a Californian Court of Law, but were on trial in the court of World Opinion.

Duncan.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Duncan,

The real target of my piece was, of course, the Watchtower organisation. I just wanted to remind them that they were not just appearing in a Californian Court of Law, but were on trial in the court of World Opinion.

Yes, the WTS does use outside legal firms to handle its more tricky cases, and yes they are only doing their job.

The problem is that the WTS sets itself up as the arbiter of what is good and true, and what is not and speaks for the entire planet. They foist the scripture about avoiding "the appearance of evil" at every turn, and yet hire expensive lawyers paid for by the donations of their adherents and empower them to use every trick of the trade to squirm out of their responsibilities.

That survivors of abuse, etc. are put through unimaginable emotional pressure is of no consequence to them. As long as they protect the interests of their corporation, they feel as if they have protected the interests of God himself. That they lie, deceive, bluster, and string things out hoping that their innocent accusers reach bankruptcy before justice is done, then they celebrate a victory for Jehovah of Armies!

Well, this time the celebration is on the side of honesty and responsibility and not with the WTS perverted view of morality.

HS

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Duncan,

That was awesome!!! It's hard to put into words what you feel after reading that CD, at least for me it was. My anger was almost totally directed at how they tried to weasle out of everything.

Thanks for posting this!

nj

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I don't think it matters whether the lawyers were JWs or not. Bethel's legal team appears to have directed these lawsuit, and the actual lawyers who worked on the case. Remember, the client has an absolute right to be involved, direct all legal actions, review filings, sign affidavits, etc. The lawyer provides the client with the legal facts & the lawyer's analysis of the case's merits & weaknesses, and the client must then OK the lawyer's course of action/settlement.

In any event, Bethel is very proud of it's JW legal department & JW lawyers. I don't think that they would sit idly aside while non-JW lawyers worked on these super important cases. These cases went to the California Supreme Court! This was not a mere traffic accident caused by JW pioneers.

Further, Bethel was 100% behind the actions that precipitated the lawsuits (i.e. the original covering up of the pedophiles). Isn't that where the blame lay?

Skeeter

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I agree skeeter. I printed the original post to my therapist. She complimented the poster. It is a very logical argument. It's such a sin on their part to allow the crime of the defense.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Thank you for your review. It was really eye opening. To me it makes no difference if the lawyers are JW or not. At the end of the day they still represent the client (WBTS). I hope many lurkers have read this post. Maybe one of the mods can move it to the "Best of" section.

• moshe
    moshe

A JW should really ask who this Watchtower Society really is. They have no idea of what a big Corporation it has become. It has many highly paid lawyers and executives now and they are learning how to control the WTS wealth for their own enrichment. Like poor Howard Hughes. when he found out his lawyers controlled him, it was too late to escape.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit