Barbara Anderson's Paedophilia CD: The Watchtowers Chocolate Cake Defence

by Duncan 62 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Gill
    Gill

Great Work, Duncan!

So, despite all the fancy legal footwork, the WTBTS still lost BIG TIME then and settled out of court to prevent even bigger losses, bigger bad publicity and to prevent setting a precedent that would have technically disembowled them! Is that correct?

• Duncan
    Duncan

Hi Gill

As far as I understand things, the Watchtower didn't "lose" this case, because it never went to trial. They spun things out as long as they could, but clearly they could see which way the wind was blowing, so eventually settled with the plaintiffs before anything could come out in court.

They clearly wanted the whole thing kept as quiet as possible, and, I guess, it was a nasty surprise to them that Barbara Anderson was able to get hold of all this material and publish it.

Duncan.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

How is the media coverage going... any news of the publicity for the CD and Paedophile issue? Wasn't there supposed to be some publicity...or did I miss it?

Coffee

• seven006
    seven006

Duncan,

I liked your comparative analysis. Good Job.

Coffee, All good things come to those who wait.

Dave

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    How is the media coverage going... any news of the publicity for the CD and Paedophile issue? Wasn't there supposed to be some publicity...or did I miss it?

Wondering the same thing.....

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Thanks Dave....

Coffee

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I can't even read this stuff anymore. I just get too angry. I'm shaking with anger, and sick that my family still buys into this crap. In the end, they will get what they deserve, hopefully. And these lawyers, they are no more ethical than any other lawyer out there. Spinning the truth, lying, covering over scandals... I'm just sick.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I just spoke very briefly with my Dad, an elder in rural Georgia, about this whole "elders not in any way responsible for protecting the flock" thing. His reply, before he hung up on me, was "That's common knowledge. Everyone knows that they are responsible for themselves, they are free moral agents, they can do what they want. Elders are not reponsibe in any way for the flock." I said, in a very loud incredulous tone, "What!!!???!!!" Click,,,,,..... I proceded to vomit nonstop for several minutes. I was eating a pear at the time. Now I'll never be able to eat pears again, I'm just too grossed out.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

BTTT for any one that missed this gem. john

• 5go
    5go

The problem would be the jury, who might not be able to keep up with the paperwork and not notice the contradictions. If the WT can keep them focused on the constitution issues. They could win despite the bad arguments.

I agree thought the winds recently aren't in their favor. That may be why they want to delay this problem and settled out of court.

They are pretty could at conning millions what is twelve more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit