Christians - Convert me! I'm Pagan!

by Sirona 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Sirona

No pagan God has ever demanded anything of me.

You misread my question. What I want to know, is, if you believe you can demand that God love you.

It is a shame that your God doesn't see fit to accept all humans.

The question is not about acceptance. It's about weather or not he is obligated to love everyone exactly the same way.

You don't "see fit to accept all humans". You said "It is really annoying how some Christians seem to think that their way is the only way"

You still have not answered my question about hearing God's word.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Deputy Dog,

If God loves some of us less, and chooses only some of us, according to your view, how do you explain this:

John 3:16 (New International Version)
    New International Version (NIV)

16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, [ a ] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

Some bible passages have moved me, however I see the bible as similar to other religious scriptures; written by men.

Sirona

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Speaking of religious texts, this is the granddaddy site:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Some bible passages have moved me, however I see the bible as similar to other religious scriptures; written by men.

Sirona

Then your mind is all made up; there's nothing anyone can say to change it.

Sylvia

• Sirona
    Sirona

There are Christians out there who also know that the bible was written by men, therefore is not infallible. That doesn't mean that it wasn't "inspired". The bible can have value even if it was written by men.

SO how does that mean that I'm doomed?

Sirona

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Sirona That verse teaches my point. It teaches that some recieve the gift(Ephesians 2:8,9) of faith (the believers), and that those with faith recieve another gift, eternal life. Would you not agree that right here, in John 3:16, He loves some more than others? Here are more verses that teach it even more clearly.

Romans 9:10

And not only this, but there was Rebekah also, when she had conceived twins by one man, our father Isaac; 11for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God's purpose according to His choice would stand, not because of works but because of Him who calls, 12 it was said to her, "THE OLDER WILL SERVE THE YOUNGER." 13 Just as it is written, "JACOB I LOVED, BUT ESAU I HATED."

• snowbird
    snowbird
    The bible can have value even if it was written by men.

SO how does that mean that I'm doomed?

Of course it can and does have value. My point is that you've already made up your mind that the Bible is no different from any other book. Only you can change that mindset.

Who said you're doomed?

Sylvia

• crazyblondeb
  • Sirona
    Sirona

Deputy Dog pretty much said I'm not "chosen". What happens to those not chosen?

It doesn't endear me to the Christian God....

Sirona

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Sirona

Deputy Dog pretty much said I'm not "chosen". What happens to those not chosen?

Deputy Dog said no such thing. The bible did the speaking. I don't know if you're chosen or not, or when God may reveal Himself to you. It may be today, or as with the man crucified next to Christ, on the day you die.

It doesn't endear me to the Christian God....

Nor have you endeared to paganism. As you use up the common grace of God, and your life nears it end, you may call out to the sovereign God of the universe instead of the impotent god of paganism (that is my hope for you Sirona). Time will tell. Mouthty said it best

I was destitute,,,,Emotionally & spiritually.... Because I really WAS at my wits end.....

It is often times like this that God reveals Himself to His children.

Joh 6:37

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit