What the hell is the MATTER with these people?

by mkr32208 115 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

you know, anyone can lose track of a child. that is a fact because my son is into EVERYTHING, but i still keep him contained and safe. there is NO WAY i would ever be away from my child especially in a parking lot.

all a person would have to do to that little girl was say..... how much is the tract..... and then have them come over to their car so they could get them some money.............................. another horrible tradgedy.

a friend of mine worked for one of the theme parks in orlando florida, he said that they were told when they get the alert that a child was missing to get the parents to the exit gates and make them look at each and every child because some people will take them into a bathroom and change the way they look or drug them and stuff them inside their coats. hard to do with a 7 yr old but if people are that crazy why the hell would you dare take any sort of chance.

out of sight................ could never be seen again

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

My sister in laws uncle is the head of security at disney in florida and what your talking about is an urban legend you can read about it on snopes too. However that said it is an idiotic risk! It's like taking open halloween candy just because no one has ever really been poisoned with open candy is no reason to be stupid about it! Certainly LOTS of kids are snatched and killed all the damn time why why WHY would anyone take a risk like that with their child?!

• lola28
    lola28

Coffee, I can completely appreciate what you are saying, when I went out in service or street work at five in the morning there was always, always an adult with me, and in turn when I was 17, 18 and 19 I would never let any child that was with us approach any one by themselves, I live in Los Angeles, we trust no one. I think the reason this thread has upset me is because I find it a tad bit hypocritical to have posters pointing fingers at JW parents for doing something that so many here have done. Witness parents may be brainwashed and sometimes not the brightest crayons in the box but that’s a far cry from calling them neglectful and abusive. And if any here find that it is necessary to take it to that extreme why not also call their fellow posters, those that also made their kids do street work abusive neglectful parents?

Lola

**Note I was going to post this on Saturday before the thread was locked**

• Mary
    Mary
    lola said: I think the reason this thread has upset me is because I find it a tad bit hypocritical to have posters pointing fingers at JW parents for doing something that so many here have done. Witness parents may be brainwashed and sometimes not the brightest crayons in the box but that’s a far cry from calling them neglectful and abusive.

lola, this apparently is not an isolated instance. mkr said that he spoke to someone he knows at the local KH and it's apparently an ongoing problem:

I told a friend who's a MS in the hall that I think they go to and he was just disgusted he wasn't surprised though. HE said this is a problem with the black brothers and sisters it's like they don't get that there is a danger. I don't know about all that, that's what he said and he's been a MS in a predominantly black hall for about 10 years so maybe he knows. He said that it's a terrible witness and they get calls and letters about this pretty regularly and they have a local needs part about every six months but they just don't seem to understand that there's a danger. Until one of the kids gets raped or killed or even just hit by a car they won't stop I guess...

It may not be 'abusive', but letting your 7 year old distribute flyers/tracts to perfect strangers in the dark at a parking lot, while you're way the hell down talking to someone else is sheer insanity. It's dangerous and apparently the Witnesses in this area don't seem to get it and will not get it until one of their kids are grabbed by some nutbar. I don't care if they're distributing tracts or selling girlguide cookies: kids that young should not be left alone to talk to strangers in a dark parking lot, end of story.

• eclipse
    eclipse
    I told a friend who's a MS in the hall that I think they go to and he was just disgusted he wasn't surprised though. HE said this is a problem with the black brothers and sisters it's like they don't get that there is a danger. I don't know about all that, that's what he said and he's been a MS in a predominantly black hall for about 10 years so maybe he knows. He said that it's a terrible witness and they get calls and letters about this pretty regularly and they have a local needs part about every six months but they just don't seem to understand that there's a danger. Until one of the kids gets raped or killed or even just hit by a car they won't stop I guess...

Absolute stupidity on the part of those parents.

I don't consider it abuse. Just stupid neglect and thoughtlessness.

I find it a tad bit hypocritical to have posters pointing fingers at JW parents for doing something that so many here have done.

How do you know we have done that??? Any of us have? ANYONE?

you also state that you did not either. Can you show me where some of us here admitted to allowing our children to hand tracts out to strangers unsupervised and alone and in the dark?

when I went out in service or street work at five in the morning there was always, always an adult with me, and in turn when I was 17, 18 and 19 I would never let any child that was with us approach any one by themselves,

To me that's the norm, not the exception. Most of us here, would of never even think of sending a young child off on their own to hand out tracts.

This practice of making young children hand out tracts unsupervised and alone seems to be the flaw of that congregation.

Not the practice of most us here. So I do not agree that we were being in any way, hypocritical.

We are appalled and angered.

That's what we are..

• ush419
    ush419

People like Rosalee and Proplog2 are why I hate jdubs they will not admit a wrong no matter what. i wouldn't have batted an eye seeing this little girl, I would have dialed 911 on the cell and let them know that a child is at the store no immediate parental control and that due to the fact that many young children have been abducted from places such as this "Walmart" (or any store for that matter) that IMO that child is in possible danger. I believe that the police would have come. calling child protective services if they were even open at that time of morning, would probalby have proved fruitless. Jdubs have no qualms about physically whipping their children over minor violations of parental restrictions, so I believe the same judgment, Matt 7: should be applied. Call the cops and let them sort it out the protection of the children is vital, the wtbts is not nor has it even been overly concerned with the protection of children. IMO of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit