What the hell is the MATTER with these people?

by mkr32208 115 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I work nights so when I get off I'll run by walmart to grab something to make for breakfast or just if I need something or whatever. This morning at 6:55 (I know because I looked at my watch) a little black girl maybe 7 years old came up to me BY HERSELF to offer me a tract... I mean COME ON it's still full freaking DARK out and this poor little kid is handing out tracts alone.

I asked her "where are your parents." She was like "over there" and pointed to a couple of goobers about two tenths of a MILE away across this parking lot. I told her thanks for offering the tract but I really didn't want it. I was disguised though it was all I could do not to drive down there on my bike and slap the crap out of them. What a disgrace for parents that little girls should have been home in bed. Not out endangering herself handing out that cult garbage.

• *summer*
    *summer*

very sad...

a 7 year-old, on a saturday morning, should be trying to steal cookies from the cookie jar without making any noise to wake up the parents, and watch cartoons on tv!!!

• Scully
    Scully

At 7 am?? Geez, I bet the parents were counting the time and the girl isn't even an unbaptized publisher yet.

I'd go introduce myself to the parents and say that I am a mandated reporter for cases of child abuse (because I am), and if I ever see them out at 7 am getting their kid to distribute religious propaganda in an establishment with NO SOLICITING signs on the front door, I will be reporting them to Child Protective Services for child abuse.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

No kidding, I would have marched her over to her parents and read them the riot act. Too many kids are abducted to think this is even remotely safe. JWs revel in bad news so they of anyone should know this. Then I would have observed them for awhile, if the situation went back as before I would have called CPS.

Sherry

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

Does Walmart have NO SOLISITING signs?

If they do, does that include the parking lot?

I often find flyers stuck under my wiper blades ... no biggy.

A lot of young mothers I know are dragging their tots to daycare at 5:30 or 6:00 a.m. each morning.

Should they be reported too?

• proplog2
    proplog2

What the hell is the MATTER with you guys? It's their business! On farms kids drive dangerous tractors and get up early in the morning to feed the live stock. At least they are doing something as a family. Quit even thinking about meddling. This is the kind of non-productive hate talk that clutters this forum.

• brinjen
    brinjen

They just won't allow kids to be kids.

• Scully
    Scully

Does Walmart have NO SOLISITING signs?

If they do, does that include the parking lot?

Yes, the WalMarts in my town have NO SOLICITING signs posted. Since they own the parking lot, yes, in my jurisdiction it applies to the parking lot as well.

The point is, Rosalee, is that sending a defenseless child, alone, to go talk to strangers is just plain foolhardy in this day and age. We keep drilling into our children that it isn't safe to do this, and I'm sure these parents are no different, however it's sending a mixed message to this child that it's ok to do it as long as you're distributing JW literature (ie, Jehovah will protect you).

mkr is a good guy, but what if it was someone else who wasn't? Those parents - supervising from a distance - would never have reached her in time to stop something bad from happening to her.

Are you actually defending their reckless behaviour?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

The scary thing to me is the distance this child was from the parents, clear across the parking lot. That is why they were negligent. The safety of the child is priority and those parents were not being responsible. I don't give a rat's behind if they put their flyers in the cars or whatever else they do, they go in the garbage easily enough. But letting your child run off by herself to work at that distance in the dark at this time of the morning, this is unsupportable.

Sherry

• proplog2
    proplog2

Scully:

Their behavior is NOT reckless. Sending your kids to school with weird bus-drivers where they are out of sight for at least 7 hours every day could be described as reckless. You just want to have a reason to hate JW's.

Oh, I almost forgot. That's the purpose of this forum!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit