What are Strangest Grounds For Disfellowshiping You Have Heard Of?

by new boy 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

For proving from Watchtower Society literature that 586 B.C. is the correct date for the destruction of the first temple in Jerusalem.

The men in bethell who mix the Watchtower's ingredients are spirit-directed alright...

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester
    over a Sister's right to Wear Leg-Warmers

That has got to be the dumbest argument ever made to get rid of anyone, anywhere, in the history of the universe! Honestly. I believe it, though, because they can be very petty people sometimes.

• sosad
    sosad

in the late 60's early 70's there was a big influx of Hungarians into our area- my dad had many many studies as he was fluent. They were all close family friends - one "Auntie" was suddenly dfed - I was so young and could not figure this one out - I bugged and buged mom - why can't we talk to so and so, what would happen, what would she say - finally one night as my mom was packing up the bookbag she fnally said - "go ahead and say hi to her". I followed this poor woman out to the back of the hall, into the coat room trying to say hi and totally freaking her out I am sure. You have to remember, there was a huge language barrier.

My heart was pounding- i was so scared she would not be in the new system - and I also thought that j would make it somehow "impossible" for me to talk to her - like in a dream where you cannot say anything

i later learned taht prior to baptism, prior to even leaving Europe she had "sinned" (i think it may have been even prior to being married but that might be wrong) but never owned up to it before getting dunked. Since she was trying to hide her sin, she was dfed.

imagine the jc- i wonder if my dad (or anyone) translated

• new boy
    new boy

I just talked to a guy who was at bethel in the early 80's. He was DFed because his wife turned him in for being on a 1-900 phone line. He was listening to some women talking about sex....and why was he doing that?

He got DFed for hearing some woman TALK about sex.....because his wife won't talk about sex or have sex with him...

But the good news is she is a pioneer....so she can help others come into the "Truth."

Can't you feel the love?....I guess that is the problem...some of the married ones CAN'T feel the love...or talk about it..

• Clam
    Clam

The other day I visited a shop which sells used vinyl records.

One was by Hank Marvin, who is most famous for being in the Shadows, a group which started out by backing Cliff Richard.

I used to see Hank at London Assemblies a long time ago. He was a JW by all accounts.

I noticed that on this Vinyl Record collection of his was the track Devil Woman. I wondered if this was sufficient grounds for a DFing.

• jambon1
    jambon1

I knew a teenager that was caught stroking his podger in the KH. They gave him some severe councel but others may have been d/f'd for this.

• Clam
    Clam

LOL @ "stroking his podger"

• jambon1
    jambon1

Clam; I laughed as well when the elder that caught him said this to me. LOL

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

I know someone who asked to be disfellowshipped but the elders said they wanted to help her instead. So she lit up a cigarette in the JC and got her wish.

That's hilarious!

• anewme
    anewme

Some of the injustices are simply stunning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit