What are Strangest Grounds For Disfellowshiping You Have Heard Of?

by new boy 61 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

In 1961 my father was disfellowshipped for not doing to the Kingdom hall he was assigned to.

If I'm lying...my dying!

It was the Glendora California Congeration. The committee was.

John Smoley

John Shanhouster

and Red Chements

• R.F.
    R.F.

Not believing what the organization teaches, aka "thought crimes".

R.F.

• tula
    tula

thank you for your courage to name names.

• new boy
    new boy

Why should I be afraid If I speak the truth?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Whatever the grounds were to disfellowship a 13 year-old, who had been baptised at 9.

Oh and by the way, New Boy... being disfellowshipped for not going to the congregation he was assigned to is pretty stunning.

Oh, and may I also say... disfellowshipping for drunkenness... when most of the JW's I know have been alcoholics?

Cheers and thank the gods we're out...
    Baba

• White Dove
    White Dove

A battered wife who reaches out to congregation members for help. She gets df'd for talking about it. Rediculous!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Two people marry. Both 'scriptually free' according to Jw standards. He is already DF'd for several years. Right after the marriage, the JC DF's her. The grounds? "Throwing her lot in with one who has turned against Jehovah" He hadn't and was working for reinstatement in fact.

Jeff

• TMS
    TMS

As an 18 yr old "Bible Study Servant" and part ot the Judicial Committee, my first two judicial cases were on the weird side:

1. An elderly sister, a nominal JW, was observed perusing materials in the Christian Science Reading Room. The lady had no transportation and this was a convenient spot to sit and read. She was not impressed with the committee's barage of scriptures and pleadings. She simply saw "no harm" in reading in the room. The committee kept Jehovah's org clean by DFing her.

2. Not a DFing, but my second case involved an 11 yr old baptized JW who had pocketed a "Hot Wheel" car at K-Mart. The boy was nearly mute during the proceedings never say more than: "I dunno." Despite his non-participation in the proceedings, he was judged repentant. He was place on probation, the rough equivalent of private reproof.

3. Some years later in the inner city, a brother was reported to be "shooting craps". This brother was unusually street smart, accustomed to interrogations. He talked in circles, totally exasperating the committee. He answered questions with a question, never incriminating himself. He was DF'd for lieing.

I'll stop there. I may add some other cases later.

tms

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Newboy, I believe you! When I was a kid we moved from one area to another and the congregation we went to should have been the other one at the hall we went to. Her best friend had moved to the same neighborhood development that we had and when my mom saw a house 4 blocks away, she figured it was perfect. So, after moving there, we find that the dividing line was two blocks over. I remember there being a hullabaloo about it. We ended up going to the same hall we had been going to all along which was NOT the hall we should have been in. But we got some kind of dispensation since we had gone to the same one for so long. Also, my mom was still a 'study' at the time (YES, one of those 30 year studies-they really do exist), so I guess they didn't want to get too hardcore on her.

I do remember though feeling like we were 'in trouble' about it. I was only 8 though, so what did I know?? BTW, a friend of mine from the hall married a girl on the next block (in the cong. we should have been in) and I never even knew she was a witness. She was one year ahead of me and I didn't have a clue! Both of their dads were elders, so I guess there was some social network that the eternal study's family had no clue about.

• James Free
    James Free

Ray Franz was disfellowshipped for eating with his landlord (He was disfellowshipped). I know someone who asked to be disfellowshipped but the elders said they wanted to help her instead. So she lit up a cigarette in the JC and got her wish.

I knew another guy who got disfellowshipped after being away from the witnesses for years. His wife wanted a divorce and they wanted everyone to know she was able to. What was funny was that hardly anyone in the hall had ever met or heard of him, so there was no way they needed to keep the congregation 'clean'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit