What are Strangest Grounds For Disfellowshiping You Have Heard Of?

by new boy 61 Replies latest jw friends

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Drew Sagan was DF'ed for joining the Y just to use the pool by an 0rg that joined the UN just to use the library.

Now THAT'S nuts!

RD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think the worst one is having a pedophile being able to coerce the victim into silence under threat of being disfellowshipped for "slander" by reporting the incident or warning others.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

A very dear elderly sister in our congregation was disfellowshipped back in the 60's because she preferred the King James Bible over the New World Translation. She also made a comment to me that she expected to go to heaven. That might also have been a factor.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

LOL, well.. disfellowshipping is strange to begin with.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

This was some juicy gossip going around when I was young. There was this real cute brother (21) who EVERY sister wanted to marry. Well, of course he picked a hot little blond (18) and everyone was envious. About a month before the wedding, she got DF'd because she was pregnant....with her cousins baby!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....You can see why that was the talk of the circuit for some time!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

for telling the truth

tony boyland - bill blyth - martin bereford (who at least had the decency to be embarrassed whilst lacking the cohones to stand up)

• Mary
    Mary
    What are Strangest Grounds For Disfellowshiping You Have Heard Of?

DFing a sister who divorced her husband when she found out he was having sex with the dog. This was at a time when they said that beastiality wasn't classed as 'fornication' or 'adultery' according to the Aid Book. Hubby wasn't DF'd though. Wife couldn't handle the emotional devastation of being cut off her family and friends and committed suicide. A few years later, the assholes at Crooklyn said "wups------beastiality is adultery after all. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.'

• triplestrength
    triplestrength

Now there's a name I've not heard for a while Tony Boyland !

Tijkmo is it the guy from london originaly? been around a bit, parents in cornwall no job but pioneers etc.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

triplestrength...that is indeed the tony boyland of which i speak.

wasn't aware he was originally from london but when he came to scotland - coatbridge - he had gone from cornwall to bethel construction and then up to us.

he did try several jobs when he was there - even window cleaning - but he really wanted to get to gilead before it was too late but that didnt happen.

i heard recently that his brother was df-ed...and my initial reaction was 'well i hope he was repentant and his judicial commitee thought they knew better than jehovah too' - but unfortunately that wouldn't help his cause and would only help me if i could actually say it to tony's face so i stopped thinking that way ( as you can see haha)

last i knew he was learning russian.

tony was the chairman of my commitee - you can read about stuff in my topic history - and famously told me when i went to him pleading for help cos i was suicidal 'well other people seem to manage'

there are occasions when i think that if there is a god of justice then he will someday require an explanation of that...but for the most part i simply don't care

• blondie
    blondie

Jim Rizoli

In 1995 I was marked as bad association, imagine being bad association for telling the truth, and May 6th 1996 I was disfellowshipped for " LOOSE CONDUCT" which had nothing to do withsexual issues (in my case) but to mean " A WANTON DISREGARD FOR AUTHORITY". Or in other words I disagreed with the elders.

http://www.jwfiles.com/jws-leaving/jim.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit