What are Strangest Grounds For Disfellowshiping You Have Heard Of?

by new boy 61 Replies latest jw friends

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

I am SO SORRY.

I hit reply in stead of new topic. I wondered where it went when I couldn't find it. Have patience, I am still a newbie.

I am so lame. LOL

sacrebleu

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

A couple I knew years ago got disfellowshipped for gossiping. And they DID gossip. Mainly at the donut shop during what should have been service time.

sacrebleu

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

having sex with the dog................... well of COURSE they wouldnt df him for that.................. but he musta done it in MISSIONARY Postiion lol cause aint that the only one allowed?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

This was funny:

So she lit up a cigarette in the JC and got her wish.

This is tragic:

couldn't handle the emotional devastation of being cut off her family and friends and committed suicide.

This never happened:

A few years later, the assholes at Crooklyn said ... Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.'

But it should have.

-Aude.

• somegirl
    somegirl

I knew one girl who slept over at a guys house and nothing happened but the elders didnt believe her and was going to df her so since she was going to get dfed anyway for something she didn't do she went ahead and did it, winded up pregnant and still dfed.

• onacruse
    onacruse

newboy:

Smoley

As in the Smoley's from Lawndale?

If so, when I was at Bethel, I know a bit about him, and them.

But to the question at hand:

The strangest thing I ever knew about df'ing was when it was (for about 4 years, as I recall), not a df'ing offense to have admitted that one had had homosexual relations, given that such 'encounters' were of a private nature and not admissable in the 'court of JW law' as evidential proof. There was one sister who was virtually jailed by her "husband's" infidelity in this respect, and the CO that came through made it clear that no action could be taken by her to obtain a legitimate Christian divorce...simply, and only, because his assertion was that he had not committed adultery (in terms of the then-current JW definition).

Eventually, her case was reviewed and reversed (after due reconsideration by the WTS on such matters), and she was exonerated and "freed". But by that time, she was a financially and emotionally ruined woman.

What a friggin' joke.

• mouthy
    mouthy

What a friggin' joke.But I "aint "Laughing

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I need to correct my previous comment.

I wrote: This never happened:

A few years later, the assholes at Crooklyn said ... Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.'
    But it should have.

A kind poster sent me this in a pm:

Actually, WT did say just about that. The QFR or whatever it was where they reversed their position (no pun intended) ended with a statement like "no one is to be criticized for...." . Looking back, I think they wrote it so that the people who divorced or didn't divorce wouldn't be JC'd and DF'd for what was approved at the time.

I apologize for my off-handed, sarcastic remark.

-Aude.

• 5go
    5go

I knew a sister later DFed that used both the WT and the bible to prove she was right and was removed as a pioneer.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

My path to Disfellowshipping began with me Disagreeing with an Arrogant Elder over a Sister's right to Wear Leg-Warmers the Field Service. To make matters worse, this same Elder presided over the Committe to kick me out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit