List Reasons Why YOU Would NEVER Go Back To The "Truth"

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Why should I reward them for setting me up for everlasting celibacy on "paradise" Earth by going out and trying to build up their numbers? And the never-ending rules, mostly targeted against my helping the children that are trapped within to have at least a little fun while there.

I think if I had the choice of living forever in their new world or having to live with Codex Alimentarius (which I am also against), I would rather have the Codex. At least that way it would only last another 10 or 15 years before either I would die or the whole earth is totally trashed; either would terminate the whole misery. Living forever in their fairytale would mean suffering forever in stagnation, and that would definitely be worse.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

TSR,

Hey....Welcome!

Good thread to start in on the board, huh?

Looking forward to your posts.....

V

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Because I now know what a meaningful, fulfilling life is really like.

• marmot
    marmot

To me, it's chiefly because of the condescending attitude towards anybody who is not one of them. There is a great divide between their professed adherence to the teachings of Jesus and the reality of their cold hearts and attitudes towards "the world".

I mean for crying out loud, I don't even believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible or the biblical god, yet I find the life lessons contained in Jesus' teachings to be of immense value. JWs (my family especially) are incredibly selective in applying these teachings.

I'm much happier as an atheist.

• JK666
    JK666

1. It is not the truth.

2-100. Doesn't matter, refer to reason 1.

JK

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Just as Christ said, "no man that puts his hand to the plow and looks back is well fitted for the Kingdom of God"

abr

• Mary
    Mary

1. Because we know now that it's not 'the Truth'---most of their doctrines are false
    2. I don't think I could handle sitting through 5 meetings a week, listening to their false teachings
    3. I have no desire to knock on people's doors, telling them things I know are false
    4. I have no desire to support an organization that supports pedophiles and destroys families
    5. Like Buttlight said, I'd have to give up my "higher education" that I'm presently pursuing----and I ain't doing that for no one.
  • minimus
    minimus

Mary.....how's Gumby doing???

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Excellent JK666,

All 100 reasons make perfect sense.

The Oracle

• theMartian
    theMartian

The REAL Reasons:

1- I trusted in men, and bad examples turned me off