List Reasons Why YOU Would NEVER Go Back To The "Truth"

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I recently saw my JW brother and SIL and listened to them talk about poor Sister Sick(o) who has been diagnosed with major mental problems. She went to the doctor's and the doctor supposedly began to berate her out of the blue because she is a Jehovah's Witness. Now the family wants to have the doctor formally rebuked for his so called "discriminatory comments". They said they won't sue him but they do want him reprimanded and made to get some counseling for his offensive remarks.

I asked them if they can be 100% sure that the doctor did in fact say this, knowing that the woman is truly brain damaged and suffers from major personality disorders. They admitted that it would be her word against his.

These people thrive on such things. I just looked at them and realized how happy I was to be out of that religion.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Because I use the time for those five meetings to do my homework, and they would make me drop out of collage, so I could go back to scrubbing toilets?!

• scotsman
    scotsman

Because they'd make me have a kingdom hall wedding and I prefer having sex with my boyfriend out of wedlock.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Reason number 1: because it's not

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

There are about six million....if the WT figures are accurate.....

V

• minimus
    minimus

SO???

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

1. The watchtower and the word "truth" have absolutely nothing in common.
    2. I didn't like most of the people I knew who were JWs.
    3. I am now a Fundamentalist Roccoist.

W

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Because it was never the Truth to begin with (taken me a lot of time to acknowledge this for myself).

Because the core dates of their doctrines (607BC, 1914AD, 1919AD, 1925AD etc., not to mention the old dates of 1799, 1874 etc.) are all wrong.

Because they (the society) have shown no qualms about doctoring or at least 'quote mining' the quotes in their literature, to find support for their views from (among others) scientists who do not agree with them by any stretch of the imagination.

Because they (the society) have shown no qualms about going back and changing embarrassing quotes from their publications when time comes to re-issue them on CD-ROM.

Because they believe in a very literal interpretation of the Bible's creation story, and the Bible's description of the age of mankind and a global flood.

Because they have flip-flopped on doctrines that would cause disfellowshipping and/or have caused a lot of problems, pain and/or emotional stress for their members.

Because they teach that every one around me are going to be killed in Armageddon (or - as I have recently learned - during the Great Tribulation).

+ + +

• Fleur
    Fleur

Because it would kill me.

Emotionally, if not physically, outright, to do so.

• tere1998
    tere1998

Because I would be barfing the entire time I was around any of those people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit