HOW MANY DIED DURING CRUSADES?

by writetoknow 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

The truth is that not why I posted the information in the first place but thank you anyway. I have posted other numbers so who do we believe or are we to imput motives as to who is really being honest?

How can anyone of you trust anything human say? If they will do anything to win an argument and prove a belief what make you so sure your not equally mislead by people revising information to prove a point?

Perhaps one must take it on faith or just imput good motives to one group and bad motives to another - something like that right?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Atheism is not "a belief" to be proven or disproven. It's a LACK of belief. So how is atheism dogmatic? Most atheists simply don't care that much. And they certainly don't go on missions to convert Christians. And they have never converted anyone at swordpoint, like Christians have done through the centuries in their colonies.

When I said Christians do works out of a fear of God, I'm only quoting what Christians and their holy book says. I'm surprised you would object to me quoting what Christians themselves often say!

I don't impute bad motives, I just assess what I see. I see that religions and their followers fight in the names of their respective unprovable entities. It just doesn't make sense to me.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Scientific research and statistical analyses aren't necessarily about imputing motives, although religiosity often is.

The person who compiled those numbers offered a rough estimate, based on educated guess work.

What kind of educated guess work or research have you offered?

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Another sweeping generalization I haven't object to anything you've posted I been asking a lot of question for you to absoluted prove your statements of fact.

So you can absoluate state Christain only do good works because of fear of God? You can prove that statement? Or is that what you believe to be true?

So I believe you do good works as an Atheist because you want people to reward you and give you attention? Isn't that why animals do good works?

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Well dear you didn't read the numbers at the start of this post. However, unlike you I wouldn't hang my life that they are correct to make a point.

So your saying that Athiest don't make sweeping generalization about motives?

• Gopher
    Gopher

The first sweeping generalization about motives on this thread was this one:

None of these forums prove anything but that people can argue views. Most of them wouldn't walk across the street to help some one in need but they like to hid behind a computer and talk about the noble cause of not believing in God. Come on Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

And I called you on that, so now you're accusing others of doing exactly what you did.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Atheism is not "a belief" to be proven or disproven. It's a LACK of belief. So how is atheism dogmatic? Most atheists simply don't care that much. And they certainly don't go on missions to convert Christians. And they have never converted anyone at swordpoint, like Christians have done through the centuries in their colonies.

According to who? That sounds like people that promote and idea and spend hours defending that idea and claim no responsiblity for the ideas. Sound like JW's that blame everything on the corporation then disfellowship the little guy for upholding the idea.

And again you state that no atheist every harmed anyone as a leader of a country what world do you live in?

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Thank you for reminding me of my sweeping generalization that should then give you the right to make ten more right.

Its like dad I want him to play by the rules but I don't want too. Come on buck up cowboy you can handle it! Come on I been on this post long enough to know how much you guys have dish out with your "belief"!

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

The only sweeping generalization I make is based on fact - the fact of evolution - as established through more scientific studies and research than I could amass for you myself in a lifetime.

If you care to look at any of it, I highly recommed that you read at talkorigins. That is an excellent starting place for learning about scientific origins and evolution.

There are many more sites like it.

Evolutionary theory is a fact.

Culture evolved and developed as a result of the evolution of our unusually large brains and our desire as humans to create and control the environment.

That too is a fact, whether you believe it or not.

Saying you do not agree with facts because you don't isn't a proof against them.

It only validates your smugness to state that facts are tenuous generalizations, while suggesting that religion is some kind of extraordinary answer to the wonderful mystery of the origins of the cosmos.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    According to who? That sounds like people that promote and idea and spend hours defending that idea and claim no responsiblity for the ideas. Sound like JW's that blame everything on the corporation then disfellowship the little guy for upholding the idea.

I have no idea what you're talking about here. When you run out of ideas or arguments on this forum, just fall back on comparing someone to a JW or Watchtower leader. Too easy.

And again you state that no atheist every harmed anyone as a leader of a country what world do you live in?

I live in the real world. People have been tortured and murdered in the name of religious belief and possibly-mythical deities. Sure atheists have harmed others as leaders, but not in the name of atheism. As I clearly pointed out earlier in this thread , Nazism and other totalitarian regimes were not centered on atheism, but on power.

The most extreme atheist-state experiment happened in Albania. Religion was totally banned, not even allowed in small pockets as was the case in Russia and China. People were not killed or tortured over this ban. The atheist-state experiment is now over, as it should be. People should have the freedom to believe what they want, or not believe what they want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit