HOW MANY DIED DURING CRUSADES?

by writetoknow 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

So honestly what is the point? That people kill people rather they believe in God or not. People that are willing to remove religion are better then people in religion that kill people of other faiths?

So what is Hectors Avalos agenda to prove there are good people in religion or to discredit people of faith? I am certain his motives are a purer as the wind driven snow. So I am to trust his views? But distrust Gods words... Jeee that sounds like a real trade off.

None of it makes much sence it called hate. People have to blame something it does not matter the fear of a crusade 1000-years ago is worst then the leaders of our time that did not believe in God.

That like saying my dads better then your dad because he didn't kill as many people as yours did.

None of these forums prove anything but that people can argue views. Most of them wouldn't walk across the street to help some one in need but they like to hid behind a computer and talk about the noble cause of not believing in God. Come on Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

People living in a free country having more material things then any other generation with religious freedom talking about how oppressed they are by religion. Sounds just like it is - spoiled brats that couldn't handled it under the government on earth with no God of Christainty.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The point is, religion incites violence. It pours fuel on the fire of hatred.

How many atheists led crusades?

Just because I am atheist does not mean I don't care about humanity. Your saying "most of them wouldn't walk across the street to help someone..." -- is that directed at atheists, or people on this board?

In either case you're making a sweeping generalization that points more toward fear or possibly hatred on your part than any actual experience or reality. People on this board are very caring, sometimes to the point of helping people they don't even know exist. And I've seen that atheists care a great deal about humanity, and do so even without having a "god" prompt them to do so.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

The point is what you believe about religion incite violence and has killed 100 million people in recent history.

Well I quess you only read what you want to! There is a list of Atheist that lead crusades and kill million at the start of this post. I quess that does not fit you agenda of hating religion.

Point a finger at religion and you have three more pointing back. There is no point people kill people if they are religious of not that the point and a fact of history.

It a matter if you don't like God or do like God it about which side you want to blame because someone dislike something does not mean it a fact or the truth it means just that they don't like something so they find things to justify their hate of it .

"Sweeping Generalization" Nice word sounds like what atheistism says about Christians! Sounds like the kettle calling the pot black.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Exactly when did atheists kill people because they were religious?

Religious people have killed other people over differing notions of probably mythical gods.

War is awful, tragic and sad, no matter the reason. My point is that blaming secularism/atheism for warfare does not make sense historically. Religion and/or idealism inspired by hateful religion is culpable for a huge amount of bloodshed.

That's a fact.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Will because you says its a fact its a fact? Or because your an atheist it is a fact?

Once again the story goes like this you present your fact I present my facts. You deny the truth of my facts and I deny the truth of your facts. Now that is a fact. So whos on first?

So if your created in God's image and you can still have morals without believing in God does that mean God doesn't exist or does it prove God existence? Let me take a quess here I wonder what you say A. God exist B. God doesn't exist

Now you sound like emotional religious people claiming "good works" to prove their faith. So you claim "good works" to prove there is no God?

My point is you have nothing better to offer the human race your just as intolerent as the religion you condemn you hate religion pushed down your throat but you push your beliefs as fact down Christain throats you think blaming make the world a better place. You think getting on a forum winning an argument proves there no God. And of course there is no God for you! Big deal so you have a new belief window you have to defend as perfect and you want everyone to believe people that are atheist have good motives and want to make the world a better place and they don't ever harm anyone.. Ok if that works for you go for it.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester
    So you claim "good works" to prove there is no God?

No. "Good works" are simply part of the evolution of man, as is our culture, including religion, wars, and other bad works.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Thanks HH -- very balanced comment .

Writetoknow -- Neither your or I can claim to know with absolutely certainty whether God exists or not. We're not talking about God here, we're talking about belief -- and what crimes against humanity have been committed in the name of BELIEF in an unprovable entity.

"Good works" prove nothing (pro or con) about God. They prove the goodness of humanity. I contend that believers who show goodness would be that way even without their belief system. They're just good people.

Good works do not need to be prompted by fear of a possibly-mythical deity, nor should a person have to be promised "heaven" or "everlasting life" in order to do good works. Religion merely adds a large dose of superstition, mythology and/or trusting in the unknown.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

No. "Good works" are simply part of the evolution of man, as is our culture, including religion, wars, and other bad works.

That profound wisdom who taught you that. Can you prove it? Or is it another belief I need to take on faith?

• Gopher
    Gopher

That profound wisdom who taught you that. Can you prove it? Or is it another belief I need to take on faith?

No faith is needed, all you need to do is study history. You will see how society struggled to develop and grow, and how religions were started, and why war happened.

"Evolution" in this case doesn't mean the scientific theory of evolution, but rather how society has evolved or changed from small beginnings into the complicated world we have now.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Is that another sweeping generalization that Christain do good works because of fear? Is that the type of Christain you were?

So that means everyone thats a Christian does good works because of fear of God! So do I take that statement based on fact or your emotion or your personal experience? That may friend it exact the type of thinking you condemn religion for?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit