HOW MANY DIED DURING CRUSADES?

by writetoknow 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• aniron
    aniron
    Your Bible God is unabashedly murderous.

Would it have been any different if there was no God?

Would there be no wars?

No murders?

No violence.?

Would mankind now be living in peace and harmony?

• ringo5
    ringo5

I read your post up till here...

Trying to blame religion for most of the wars that are called religious wars is another uninformed act. One of my atheist friends that I worked with for many years when I was in the atheistic movement was traveling in Ireland some years ago. He got into a dangerous situation one night when a group of men stopped his car and threatened him with guns, knives, and clubs. The leader of the group dragged my friend from the car, and with a gun pointed at his head screamed, "Are you a protestant or a catholic?" My friend, being an atheist, thought he had a chance in this situation so he cried out as loud as he could, "I'm an atheist; I don't believe in God!!" Without missing a beat, the man with the gun grabbed my friend by the throat and yelled at him, "A Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?"

So this is your story?

Reminds me of when Kramer sold some of his stories to Elaine's boss for his biography, although I expect you didn't spend any money on this since this particular joke is widely available.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester
    Would it have been any different if there was no God?

No. Because there is not. Creatures like humans will always find a way to justify in their own minds what they know is wrong. God is just one of many excuses and justifications.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

What I have concluded regarding forums post for the most part are about venting on people - facts and fairness are not what people are supporting or wanting.

People hid behind their computer make statements based on the emotions and hate for a belief. Most would not dare confront a person in society or it would be a hate crime. However hidding behind the invisible wall of the internet they feel impowered into a world of unreality and loses all civil discipline.

Most often they hold a value expoused from the news media facts are not important emotions and put downs are held as intellectual reality. They trust no information that does not agree completely with their emotionally held views.

It's kinda like the story of the wizard of Os that hids in his little fearful world cowardly broadcasting his magnificent voice of authority causing fear to the masses. Once put upon to prove their real authority because they have self-appointed themselves as the spokenman for the human race they resort to hate speech.

The whole world of forum is sureal experience people taking themselves too serious living in a world that in made up and self-appointed, but in the real world they would have to prove some form credentials for there statements and be held accountable for rude manners.

Your right this post is another form of unreality to people rather the stuff I posted is fact or not is not important it not about that it about venting hate and calling it by another name, but hey that is the world of forum unreality.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

You my friend don't read you react! I never stated this is my writing at all I just posted it to prove how many put downs and hateful remarks I would get.

You see, people on this forum don't see their remarks as hateful they think they are being intellectual by making rude statement. But if I was in a room with you you might get away with your rude hateful speech one time then you would be ask to leave.

Your not interested in fact or another side of the story your agenda is set why do you hid behind a pretense and that the point of this posting dishonest people declaring they are concern with truth does not make much sence now does it?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Do you really expect people to read all that?

My eyes! To... much.... text.......

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

No I don't if they want to its ok with me. That not my reason for posting the thread in the first place.

There are two side to all stories history about power who has the power to rewrite history. People are about fighting over those rewritten facts killing each other in the name of truth.

Posting on this forum is just a mirrored imagine of what people have been doing since forever. Killing others over what they consider to be absolute fact. We just do it in words on forum under the bander of truth.

It is very long winded or as some nicely call it a "rant" take one to know one right?

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

I first clicked on this topic thinking it might be an interesting historical discussion, reading some of the statements in it, however, which were obviously cut and paste from a website (evident by the places where it said (here) where links were missing), and not original thoughts of the poster, I became rather indignant and somewhat worried we might have a racist on our hands:

"The interminable vengeance exacted on the Germans by the Jews in particular is partly due to their Holocaust experience, which was bad to be sure, but admitted by many Jews themselves to be highly exaggerated. (The Zionists officially declared economic war on Hitler in 1933, just six weeks after he was elected Chancellor [a little publicized fact somehow].... He [thru Himmler chiefly] got increasingly rough with them after that, no doubt about it. Maybe a million died in the camps of all causes, and another million during the invasion of the Soviet Union.) The Holocaust Industry, as many are calling it (including those reading Finklestein's hot new book by that title) has served the Zionists in particular wonderfully well, not only as an immense source of revenue, but also as an unfailing psychological club to beat off any post-war inclinations anywhere to expose their multi-faceted dark side. This ceaseless retribution and hair-trigger labeling of “anti-Semite” and “Nazi” has gotten the Zionists a lot of mileage in the post-war world."

Holocaust denial? Please, that's a tactic for the lowest of the low.

Then I picked up on this little tidbit:

"False science, and those who knowingly use it, has been Satan’s major weapon in the world--at least since the Copernican fiction paved the way for the Darwinian fiction--and is no more suspected of being behind all this misery than is Donald Duck."

Whoa...'Copernican fiction'?! I had to think about that for a second...people who actually still hold to geocentrism over heliocentrism? What's next, flat-earthers? By now I was pretty much more amused than alarmed, and decided to do a little Googling to see what popped up:

http://www.fixedearth.com/

http://www.fixedearth.com/hlsm.html <---- The page the OP copy/pasted, as I suspected.

"(Outlines of what transpires from this division until the last day of this earth’s history can be seen in One Page Summaries under these titles: The Rapture: The Question Is “When”? & God’s End Time Drama: The Sweet and the Bitter.)"

Near the end, the text that I colored red are actually links on the website, if you hover your mouse over them, the info bar at the bottom of your browser indicates you are about to click on a link to a webpage:

www.fixedearth.com/the_bible_and_y2k/rapture.html

and

www.fixedearth.com/the_bible_and_y2k/endtimedrama.html

respectively. Unfortunately, the links don't actually work, I guess the geocentric nutter world has "new light" too, which apparently requires occasional purging of old info *smirk*. Like year 2000 end-of-days predictions that fail.

Writetoknow, I have one thing to say to you:

And yet, it moves.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

I don't really no what your comments are about. Once again I am not stating I agree with this post that not my reason for posting it. However, I will state this there are a lot of new books regarding the numbers of people that where actually killed during the crusades that may or maynot change people thinking about something that happen 1000 years ago.

On the other hand there have been millions perhaps billions that have suffered at the hands of leader that did not want God as part of their governments.

There certainly is enough killing to go around none of which is good in my point of veiw. I am stunned at the amount of hate that still exist over subjects that are to enlighten us from are past misstakes.

Rather or not the information posted is factual I don't know what I do know there is enough misinformation across the internet being defended as fact on this forum. And people are setting themselves up a an authority and discrediting anyone that present other information.

Actually there are two post by different people the spacing was not there until I posted it.

My point is once again history is being rewritten by those in power rather that be intellectual power or govermental power to support their agenda. This is the truth of history and people are like sheep that will destory discredit another human being because someone is a position of powers claims the information is truth.

However, I had the same feeling when I read the information about the Jews... I don't support his thinking in that area however there is much of what he says that is interesting.

• Gopher
    Gopher

OK here's what I believe. I quote extensively from religious studies professor Hector Avalos of Iowa State University.

Four main scarce resources, ultimately unverifiable or non-existent, have repeatedly generated violence from the inception of religion to the present. Access to divine communication, particularly through inscripturation, becomes scarce when not everyone has access to the communications, usually in writing. Sacred space becomes a scarce resource when not everyone has access to, or the ability to live in, a certain religious area. Group privileging becomes a scarce resource when a certain religious group receives certain benefits, usually economic, that others in proximity do not receive. Salvation itself becomes a scarce resource when it is not available to everyone. Violence ensues in each religion due to the creation of each of these four scarce resources.

Secular philosophies do not provide as clear a motive for violence as has been proposed. Nazism is not an atheistic political theory, but is based on pseudoscience and biblical concepts of ethnocentrism and genealogical purity. As such, religion was a precursor to German anti-Semitism and the Holocaust. Stalinism and the Reign of Terror in the early twentieth century had more political undertones than atheistic. Current understanding of secular violence indicts nationalism and statism as root causes, but it can be argued that famous instances of violence (e.g., the Saint Bartholomew's Day Massacre) that are often attributed to the rise of secularized states were the result of religious factors.

Religion is inherently prone to violence because it is predicated on the existence of unverifiable forces and/or beings. This means that disputes and claims are not easily settled by verifiable means, and violence is often the means to settle disputes and claims. Moral relativism is necessary, and self-interest is the ultimate arbiter of human morality and judgment. As such, religious violence is always immoral, because violence for unverifiable or non-existent resources is more immoral than violence for verifiable and existent resources. Ultimately, eliminating religion from human life is the correct solution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit