Would You Condone Giving Birth Control To 11 Year Olds???

by minimus 78 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The thought is that since many kids do have sex and an average of 1 youngster per year got pregnant in that locality, it would be best to prevent pregnancies and provide the birth control.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Is it better that they hand out abortions, pre-natal kits, and prescriptions to treat venereal diseases?

If your answer is...

"No! It's better that they not be having sex to begin with!"

I reply...

"Keep your head in the sand."

• minimus
    minimus

I think this ENCOURAGES 11 year olds to have sexual intercourse. I certainly don't think they're ready for that. Do you, NVR?

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I do agree that this is wrong for an 11 year old child to be on birth control, let alone be sexually active. A lot of this responsibility goes back to parents that are not teaching their children right from wrong.

• minimus
    minimus

That area is very liberal. Old Woodstockers might've taken up that place.

• journey-on
    journey-on

You're missing the point. If 11-year old children are indeed having sex and their parents are irresponsible "don't care"

kind of people, then by all means, teach them the value of practicing safe sex by the use of condoms. Birth control pills

are serious "medicine". 11-year old children do NOT need to be taking them. Condoms, YES! Condoms protect against

HIV and STDs. Birth control pills DO NOT.

• Dansk
    Dansk

I'm afraid Never is right! In no way do I condone sexual activity at that age but any 11 year old girl who is asking for contraception pills is going to indulge in sex whether she gets the pills or not. Better to prevent her getting pregnant - after all, she's only a child herself. I'm afraid it's another sign of the times.

Ian

• zack
    zack

I have mixed feelings on this one. They are trying to address a problem and may yet be creating another one. What is sad for me is that the problem even exists.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

"Keep your head in the sand."

Ok then... what about 10 yr olds... or maybe 6 yr olds....just what is the age at which you would be willing to say that this is rediculous? Have you thought to what giving 11 year olds hormones (which is what birth control pills are) will do to their developing bodies?

Coffee

• Tara
    Tara

Whether or not we think that 11 year olds should be having sex is irrelevent because they are. I think that in a perfect world children should be children and not mini grown-ups. I would rather see an 11 year old that is having sex be protected from pregnancy and disease than not. That being said, I, too, think it is a sad reality our world has become.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit