Would You Condone Giving Birth Control To 11 Year Olds???

by minimus 78 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

In Portland Maine, all you have to do is see the nurse and you can get birth control pills. We're not talking about high school. We're talking abot middle school!

If a parent signs a paper allowing the child to visit the school nurse for contraceptives, the parent will not be involved from that point onward. To me this sends a clear message to youngsters that sex at pre-teen ages are ok.

What's your opinion???

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

I think this is sick. Whoever thought this up should be ashamed of themselves.

• journey-on
    journey-on

NEVER in a million years!

• mrsjones5
  • minimus
    minimus

Their school board thought this up.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Really tough question, min.

Is it possible that the contraceptives are not being made available to facilitate, condone, or advocate pre-teen sexual activity but rather in response to reality?

Does the availability of taxis cause people to drink to an excess?

Do ad campaigns promoting designated drivers encourage drunkenness?

Does the availabilty of nicotine gum cause people to smoke?

Does the distribution of clean syringes to heroin addicts cause them to shoot up?

Or are all of the above just societal responses to a less than ideal reality?

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

WHY? I heard a bit of this the other night...are we talking birth control pills, condoms? What?

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I thought it was the children's idea and then the school board adopted it.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Their school board is made up of idiots. School nurses aren't even supposed to give an aspirin...but they can give birth control to children. These are the same people responsible for our children's education. What ever happened to common sense?

So this is what we've come to. shakes head

Coffee

• journey-on
    journey-on

Teaching safe sex and availability of condoms is one thing. But, birth control pills for 11-year old girls is another!

I'm sure a man came up with this one! Dump the responsibility onto the girl!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit