Sweetface's father has a message for everyone here!

by sweetface2233 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

After being raised as a JW, my Dad was DF'd for the 2nd time in 1994. That year he lost a wife, 3 children, mother and brother, as well as every friend he had made throughout his 40 years of life. Over the years my sister and I gradually started contacting him, but never had a real father/daughter relationship. A few years ago, during my divorce, he and I sat down and started discussing his feelings. Due to the JW faith, he felt like his childhood was ripped from him and then his greatest joys in life, my brother, sister, and I, were taken from him in adulthood. He felt that even after he left the Org, that they still had a hold on his happiness because he was carrying so much hurt and bitterness.

Years later, he looks back at those days and they seem like a lifetime ago. Although he still is shunned by my brother and sister, he has me back and gets reminded of my love for him all the time. He has a wonderful wife who supports him in every way possible. She is also the "parent" w/ whom I can discuss my sex life, or lack there of it. He has 2 step-children and between them, they have 6 kids who all call him by "Grandpa". He is now 55 years old and the happiest that he has ever been.

I just got off the phone w/ him and I was telling him about JWD, the Toronto Apostafest, and all the friends from here that I have made (in person and on-line). He asked me to pass a message from him to every one of you. He said that no matter what stage of recovery you are in, enjoy your life. You may feel that things are horrible, that no one cares, and that the WTS has taken everything from you. We all go through that stage, but things get better and we all come out of it. He said that you have our whole lives ahead of you and be thankful that you chose to leave when you did. You will never regret your decision. He also said that he loves all of you and hopes that you all find happiness, no matter where it is. Your life is what you make of it!!!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

How absolutely cool that you have your dad. I am happy for you and for him. Tel him thanks for the message! Thanks for the great vibes.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Please tell your dad that he said exactly what I needed to hear exactly when I needed to hear it.

Kudos to Pops for showing that even with all that loss there is hope.

• BFD
    BFD

Why did I get nervous when I read this thread title?

Glad to know your dad is as cool as you are, my sweetface. Btw, I never did get that picture of kwin.

BFD

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Your dad sounds like a great guy sweetface! I'm so happy you have reconnected with him.

BB

• Maddie
    Maddie

Sweetface - That was a really touching message from your dad! I am glad that he found happiness after the JW's, and that you both have each other.

Please thank him for the warm sentiments he sent to all of us on JWD.

Maddie

• restrangled
    restrangled

Send the good vibes back to your dad will you? My father died in 2000 just when the internet was getting started. bigtime..including these websites.

He was an elder in former years and just a few years before he died, did we, as daughter/father connect. I never felt such support in my entire life. How I wish he could have been a part of this. He would have been one of the biggest posters on JWD. He had so much to offer but no one would listen to him.

Thanks for your post.

r.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Awe, sweetface......

That is so sweet of your dad.

nj

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

sweetface...

how nice that you have your relationship back with your father. thank him for me for his positive message to us. I will take it to heart, along with things you have said offline... I need more positive things in my life...and his message is one of those that I will remember (and print out for looking at later).

For those whose fathers (and mothers) are alive and not shunning them.... embrace your relationship with them....you never know.... and never give up on your shunning JW families ever...

proof of that was at the apostafest...how long can a husband wait for their wife to "wake up"? apparently years....

thank you for a postitive message...

Snakes ()

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

(((((Sweetface)))))

What a lovely message for ALL of us to heed! Thank you......and thank HIM for us!

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit