Sweetface's father has a message for everyone here!

by sweetface2233 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

You are very fortunate to be able to have a relationship with your dad. Thanks for sharing his advice with us.

Your dad is absolutely right...life is wonderful and an adventure...no matter what has happened in the past, happiness can be had.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Nice Guy... W.Once

• helncon
    helncon
    He said that no matter what stage of recovery you are in, enjoy your life. You may feel that things are horrible, that no one cares, and that the WTS has taken everything from you. We all go through that stage, but things get better and we all come out of it. He said that you have our whole lives ahead of you and be thankful that you chose to leave when you did. You will never regret your decision. He also said that he loves all of you and hopes that you all find happiness, no matter where it is. Your life is what you make of it!!!!

Hi, Sweetface,

I love what your dad has said and its so true.

I am glad that you have been able to get back in contact with him and now have a father/daughter relationship.

Its your siblings who are missing out by shunning him and for their children who loss out on a grandfather.

Helen

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Sometimes people forget that you chose your own path in life, that you let it affect you in whichever way that it does, and that only you can change it. I reread my post here to give me the encouragement I need to remember the person that I am and not let other people's opinions define my own self-worth.

I DEFINE WHO I AM!

• dinah
    dinah

Sweetface, your Dad is awesome. Hang onto him. Our Dads give us love we can't find anywhere else (IF they wake up)

BFD, yeah I was scared to open this thread too.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Nice , I hope you can continue a close relationship with him now and in the future, sounds like a nice guy.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

That is pretty damned sweet. I love it.

You know what... after hearing that... I'm sure you can reply to him that we all love him, too.

Thanks for that!

Love,
    Baba.

• real one
    real one

i agree with everything your dad said but let him know my life is what God makes it!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Sweetface,

How lucky you are to hear that message from your father. I am sorry to say, when my father was trying to tell me the same I wasn't listening because my mother had made him out to be a big APOSTATE. I was no longer involved with the witnesses but sympathetic to the religion.

My dad died 10 years ago. How I wish I could talk to him now, get his insights, thoughts, feelings etc., ....everything about him.

Tell your dad thank you for me, as I feel that is part of the message my own father wished to relay.

Soak up every minute you can with your dad,.....it is priceless.

r.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

That's right, Sweetface-- YOU define who you are!

That was a wonderful message from your father--do you still spend some time with him and step-mom? Are they near you, geographically?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit