The Average JW WILL NOT Leave!!!!

by minimus 100 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It's also about fear. Too much is invested in this for it to be wrong. "It can't be wrong. Where will we go? It just can't. And even if there are some bad apples in the org., it's 1) because people are imperfect, and 2) shows that Jesus is active in removing the bad apples. The org. is still Jehovah's instrument in these last days. "Nothing penetrates through that stuff.

ABSOLUTELY

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Last I heard of my JW brother and his wife, they too had literally moved back into our parents' home. I was astonished at first because my brother seemed to be doing great financially after getting his engineering degree, buying a sporty car or two, and a new condo in the capitol, etc. Then I learned his wife quit her job to "pioneer full time." Shortly thereafter, I realized my brother was living with mom and dad - in his late 30's! And oh, so proud of his wife.

Funny thing about that--two elders in my hall still live with either parents or parents in law! Well, I've seen great comments about why the average witness won't leave. Weird or not, they can try to make the witness life somewhat comfortable. Their independence is sapped from them (after all, "independence is a spirit of Satan").

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I haven't read everyones response, but I think the answer is obvious. Until somehow their brains get in gear, there is nothing that will help a current member to be honest with his or herself. That to me is the key. When you can look into the mirror and lie to yourself about what you are doing, shake off that nagging feeling that things aren't right, then you aren't going to leave. And if you can be happy about the great ability to lie to yourself, then you have problems...

The GB should more accurately define their idea of faith as "...the ability to supress your doubts and questions because to do otherwise shows a lack of faith in Jehovah. If you turn off your questions, you have faith."

• golf2
    golf2

Exactly the type of people I have in my home town.

Golf

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I will be the here and dissent, I am neither lazy, fearful, vain, nor dumb. I stay because I like not having trinity, immortal soul, hell...etc...etc. If there was a reasonably similar religion that was available, I and many others would happily defect. I stay because, you guessed it; "Where will I go".

ynot......pick one: lazy, fearful, vain, or dumb.

I pick....dumb. "Where will I go"indeed!

• minimus
    minimus

When a Witness WANTS to stay in LaLaLand, they simply ignore the obvious and close their senses. They don't want to hear negatives about the "Truth" because it will remind them of how stupid they are or have been.

• flipper
    flipper

The average witness won't leave due to their minds being controlled. They also are paralyzed by the same routine over and over, being drilled into their heads. That's why you see them sleeping at assemblies, nothing new. No new light. Just the same version of the old light , regurgitated differently . So, being in a trance with fear, , they choose to wait on armageddon , which is coming at a snails pace. Get the complete picture on your evening news tonight. Not

• Soledad
    Soledad

It takes a tremendous amount of courage to even dare to think that you may disagree with the WTS, and then an even bigger effort to pick yourself up and get moving once you have decided that is not the kind of life you want to live. Not all have the courage and strength to do this, and too many have far too much pride to admit that maybe they are wrong.

Where I'm from the saying goes "the good get out."

What's left behind are zombies, empty shells of human beings. Sad.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

They won't leave because of PRIDE and FEAR.

To admit that they've been hoodwinked would be too much for them.

To realise that one has sacrificed career, children, education, travel, money, friends, soulmates, lovers, birthdays/celebrations, time, energy and years of precious life for nothing is all too much for many to even begin to face up to or contemplate so they just don't let themselves get even close to considering they might be wrong and we might be right.

Just my 2 cents.

SP

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, they are like Zombies, plodding along.

Who will be poster 101 on this thread??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit