The Average JW WILL NOT Leave!!!!

by minimus 100 Replies latest jw friends

• llbh
    llbh

Hi minimus

most of us were at least a ittle lazy else why did we stay - in my case far too long?

Agree with Maddie the mind control techniques are very clever anf they work. Mao,radical islam and many others use similar techniqus of mind control and double think.

We at least here are free to express our divergent views

regards llbh

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I agree, the average jw will not leave for all the reasons you describe. However, keep in mind that as the best continue to leave the average keeps getting lower and lower.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

LOL Oompa!

Unfortunately, yes, my family has been in 'the truth' for 100 years come 2009 I believe.

OMG! A friggin' century!

My kids are 6th Gen!

I believe you that your 4th generation but I guess that makes you a NEWBIE!

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

All my parents do in their 60s is go to meetings and in field service.

No hobbies, no interests... Meetings and field service!

I have had this conversation at length with my wife regarding her JW activities.

I've seen her parents retire to nothing but meetings and service....now in their late 70's getting sicker and closer to death by the day. I've seen my bil retire to nothing but sitting at home in front of a TV alone all day while his wife is out doing nothing but meetings and service. I've seen my very own parents approaching retirement with no retirement benefits to speak of and nothing to look forward to but taking care of their grandkids because of one niece who can't seem to keep her legs closed now suspected of being a lesbian.

I have remarked to her that these are lifestyles I WILL NOT LEAD when I retire.

This is a conversation I plan on having, again, with her very soon as I'm working towards a goal of being able to extensively travel, meet new people, see new places, and very frequent movement when I retire and I'll not have it sidetracked by someone who's thinking that they'll be able to hold me financially hostage through community property laws and lock me into that regimen at the bottom end of my life.

If she wants to retire to nothing but strictly regimented meetings and service the course of our marriage will have to be reevaluated..

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

OMG! A friggin' century!

My kids are 6th Gen!

Which begs the reason......How the friggin hell do they continually rationalize that their pipe dream new system has for that long been just around the corner.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I don't know anymore 95. I just don't know!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I don't think it's laziness. I think it's the relentless sameness. Every meeting you get hit with the same thing over and over and over again. Until it's just playing in your subconscious you don't even THINK about your beliefs your just a parrot. Go to the kingdom hall (or even worse an assembly) are people paying attention? Are people listening and thinking? Hell NO! You do what your told almost without thought. it's like someone relentlessly playing the kazoo in your ear for twenty four hours a day seven days a week. If they STOP playing the kazoo for one hour a day do you think you would even notice? You would still hear that damn kazoo in your mind!

Same thing with the witnesses! You need to find some way to slap them out of it!

New ones are the one's who are paying attention at the meetings, the one's taking notes and being excited. Guess what they've only been listening to that kazoo for a little while. They think they are still listening to Mozart! Hit them at that stage and they fall every time.

• carla
    carla

Nobody has brought something I have been wondering about, it seems many jw children are constantly bribed by the parents to stay in or if they will just get baptized or go in fs, pioneer,etc.. I have seen any number of threads that the kid doesn't want to leave the borg & the family home because mom & dad bought me a car, no rent, new wardrobe, whatever if they will just do x,y or z for the org. Were these rare occurances or what?

• Quandry
    Quandry

I don't think it's laziness. I think it's the relentless sameness

Ah, yes, the familiar rut.....I do think that is alot of it. When you are going to work, running home to a meeting (do not forsake them) and getting up early for service, studying for meetings, cleaning the hall, etc.--I get exhausted just thinking about it--you don't have time for other things. They write articles telling everyone that even hobbies take up too much time. So a good dub just goes on auto-pilot back and forth in that old safe rut.

Pretty soon you feel that life is misery, but if you don't continue on that rut-then you will be bird food at the big A. Sooooo muuuussssttt connnnntiiiiiiinnue....muuuuuust staaaaay..... iiiiiiiiinnnn..... the.......... ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttt.................

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    it's like someone relentlessly playing the kazoo in your ear for twenty four hours a day seven days a week. If they STOP playing the kazoo for one hour a day do you think you would even notice? You would still hear that damn kazoo in your mind!

I think it goes even further than just still hearing the kazoo in your mind. As painful and uncomfortable as its relentless playing is, if the kazoo stops playing, if they have the means, they'll find a way to acquire one themself and start playing it as they've become so accustomed to it. This would account for them hoarding literature around the house for whatever WT inspired paranoid reason if they can't make a meeting for fear that at least they are getting and reading all that spiritual vomit.

that the kid doesn't want to leave the borg & the family home because mom & dad bought me a car, no rent, new wardrobe, whatever if they will just do x,y or z for the org.

There was a conversation I'd heard between a JW fence sitter and another JW youth relative about this very thing. This youth....no skills, no education, no job, not even looking for a job, and every past job they quit when it conflicted with meeting attendance or otherwise they lost interest in doing, but as long as they go to meetings and service, no reason to pursue independence. The question was asked of them, what are they going to do when their parents are dead and the new system hasn't arrived.

These youths are in their late 20's and they'd admited that they never give that any thought.

Hello !!!!!!!

Surely they don't think that the congregation or the WT is going to step up and assume the role of taking care of their daily needs.

And, as big and empty as my house is, regardless of their spiritual activity, my wife is on notice that I\we wont either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit