The Average JW WILL NOT Leave!!!!

by minimus 100 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

You know why?

You could have stupid new light every week published and the vast majority aren't going anywhere. You could see proof of contradiction after contradiction right in front of your nose, if you're a Witness. And you still won't budge.

The reason: mental and spiritual laziness. The dumbing down by the Watchtower has taken its effect. Mission accomplished! The spinmeisters have played so many tricks on the gullible that they couldn't tell a lie if it was boldly in their face!

And I'm convinced that the majority like it like that. They get to keep their friends and families intact, even if they REALLY don't believe everything 100%. The ones that stay in are the dependent ones, the needy, those that have to have a sense of belonging or else they would not know what to do.

Do you agree with my assessment??

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Absolutely, Minimus.

It was mentioned in another thread (sorry all, don't remember where, maybe I'll go looking for it) that the attendees of the Annual Meeting were THRILLED with all the new light! They see it as proof (of the end of times, as the light is getting brighter) instead of contradictions (or rather proof that they have been living a lie)!!! Oh, what a tangled web we weave. Rationalization is a terrifying force.

Baba.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I agree...100%.

Too lazy, just go to meetings and service is enough sacrifice...don't really have to care for neighbors and family. Truth isn't that important...they just want someone to tell them how to think.

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Tell me about it! My parents are proof of this. I wrote them a 10 page letter detailing everything from the 607 issue to false prophecies/predictions, and everything else, then when I talked to my mom on the phone, she said, "Well, I read the first page of it but that was about it." There's no desire on thier part to get to the bottom of anything. Through clever word associations and mind-manipulation, the Watchtower has them convinced, all the way into their subconscience, that they are "the truth" and above everything in this world. The Watchtower is a Super-Villian.

• minimus
    minimus

It's like they're hypnotized. Whatever "Mother" says, it's it.

• oompa
    oompa
    The reason: mental and spiritual laziness. The dumbing down by the Watchtower has taken its effect.

Disagree---I do not think it has to do with either of these things. You did touch on it later with this:

those that have to have a sense of belonging or else they would not know what to do.

Esp. for the non-thinking, but it applies to all. I think that for most it is just a comfortable place, a social thing, the worldwide brohood, plus there is better racial acceptance here than most places. Most really do not have spiritual things as a priority. Even the really intelligent ones prefer to just leave things along and enjoy things the way they are, no matter if they change annualy or not.

imo.....oompa

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

All my parents do in their 60s is go to meetings and in field service.

No hobbies, no interests... Meetings and field service!

I guess they feel they're happy.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You left out one thing Minimus.....Most Jehovah`s Witness`s are "Institutionalized"..Prisoners in a Cult...."Where else would we go?" Has become an "Epitaph",for almost everyone who has repeated that WBT$ Mantra...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

If a JW is mentally and or spiritually lazy, he ain't goin' anywhere but his comfort zone.

• minimus
    minimus

Outlaw, they are like that because they are too lazy to look elsewhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit