The Average JW WILL NOT Leave!!!!

by minimus 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

It's also about fear. Too much is invested in this for it to be wrong. "It can't be wrong. Where will we go? It just can't. And even if there are some bad apples in the org., it's 1) because people are imperfect, and 2) shows that Jesus is active in removing the bad apples. The org. is still Jehovah's instrument in these last days."

Nothing penetrates through that stuff. I'm amazed I got out of that way of thinking myself, and am a little mystified at how it happened.

• oompa
    oompa

Nailed it 5th!!!!

and Outlaw sure has the phrase right...."where else will you go"....I am so sick of people asking me that. I was so fricking programmed I never even paid attention to it til someone here posted that they said "whom shall we go to, you have sayings of everlasting life" or something like that. My dad said it to me again recently and I used it, and he was real quiet. I told him LOTS of faiths of course try to follow Jesus, but of course he said not all roads lead to live....

going to someone now....oompa

• oompa
    oompa
    and am a little mystified at how it happened.

Come on Awakened.... what really woke you up?????

share...oompa

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Stockholm syndrome (from Wikipedia)

Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response sometimes seen in an abducted hostage, in which the hostage shows signs of loyalty to the hostage-taker, regardless of the danger (or at least risk) in which the hostage has been placed. Stockholm syndrome is also sometimes discussed in reference to other situations with similar tensions, such as battered person syndrome, rape cases, child abuse cases and bride kidnapping. The syndrome is named after the Norrmalmstorg robbery of Kreditbanken at Norrmalmstorg, Stockholm, Sweden, in which the bank robbers held bank employees hostage from August 23 to August 28 in 1973. In this case, the victims became emotionally attached to their victimizers, and even defended their captors after they were freed from their six-day ordeal. The term Stockholm Syndrome was coined by the criminologist and psychiatrist Nils Bejerot, who assisted the police during the robbery, and referred to the syndrome in a news broadcast.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sad, but true Minimus. It's why, IMHO, the WT will be around for a long, long, time.

AK-Jeff nutshelled it quite nicely on another thread recently:

"I solidly believe that the overriding pattern of belief by Jw's today is not that the WTS has anything right - but that they are God's organization. Period."

Open Mind

• changeling
    changeling

For many perhaps, but some rather intelligent people are in there and will never leave as well. For them, I think it's unthinkable that they have been wrong and wasted so many years, so they just don't "go there". In other words: fear.

changeling

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oompa.."Better racial acceptance."..???..LOL!!..Did you read that in WBT$ literature?..What the WBT$ writes about and JW reality are very different...OUTLAW

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Come on Awakened.... what really woke you up?????

share...oompa

Well - I'm actually not sure, but I think I started to question things even while I was active; questions I couldn't find an answer to even in prayer or the literature. So I buried it for a while, but then a situation changed in my life which caused me to miss a few meetings, and the ball started rolling, and I had time and opportunity to find answers to my questions elsewhere when possible. The internet I think must have been part of it as well. I used to discuss my beliefs with non-JWs online, and after a while I found that they often had better answers than me, corrected some misconceptions I had about science among other things, and I didn't "win" even when directly quoting our literature. Actually instead, my quotes got ridiculed, and with good reason. This made me wonder, because to me, the literature was more or less directly from Jehovah's mouth. So slowly but surely, my eyes opened. I'm actually remembering this as I post, so thanks for asking!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Minimus..I don`t believe it is due to lazyness.Although in some cases it is.....I believe it is due to Fear.....Ray Franz said the JW`s are a Fear based religion,I totally agree..Prisoners who have been jailed for decades are afraid to leave prison..Not out of Lazyness but out of Fear...OUTLAW

• Maddie
    Maddie

It's all of these things probably, but the mind control techniques they use are very sophisticated.

Perhaps the GB have a secret method of draining a person's mind and replacing it with borg matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit