Does a person's true personality come out when they're drunk?

by lfcviking 58 Replies latest jw friends

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

I've heard this been said before that when you have had loads to drink and when your inhibitions are temporarily removed then the REAL YOU is exposed. i.e:

Some people when they've got a skinfull they might start talking about money & bragg about personal financial achievements and how much more money they're going to earn.

Some people after a few beers suddenly think they're Rocky Balboa and think they can take the world on.

Others after sinking some G & T's might turn into a crazed sexual tyrannosaurus!!

What d'ya reckon chumz on the board????

• JK666
    JK666

I sure hope not! I am a real a$$ when I am drunk! Right, guys?

JK

• snowbird
    snowbird

in vino veritas

(in VEE -noh VER -ee-tahs) A Latinphrase suggesting that people are more likely to say what they really feel under the influence of alcohol. It means, “There is truth in wine.”

Sylvia

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I think so, though the group of people I hung out with before I was married all agreed that I should drink all the time. Apparently I'm a blast to hang out with when drunk.

I still don't know if that's a complement or an insult...

• zack
    zack

I THINK EVERYONE AROUND ME IS MUCH NICER AFTER I'VE HAD A FEW--- MORE ATTRACTIVE TOO!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I don't drink large quantities when I do drink, normally 1-3 drinks over the course of an evening.

I'm pretty silly to begin with so it makes me a little sillier.

I think drinking releases your inhibitions but that doesn't mean THE REAL YOU comes out. Just that you don't have anything holding you back from acting in a way that you may not act without alcohol.

You may respond by being a bit more of an ass, or flirtier, or goofier or whatever.

Did I just contradict myself?

I'll think about this over a glass of wine this evening.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

From what I have seen, OH YEAH! No doubt about it. Interestingly too, depending on the type of alcohol dranked, determines too which personality trait is revealed.

LINDA

• journey-on
    journey-on

I know a guy who is quiet, smart, soft-spoken, and the epitomy of gentlemanliness (is that a word?) when sober.

When he drinks, he is a raving maniac...scary, violent, stupid, and loud and obnoxious. I've never seen anything like it!

His wife told me she loves him because when he isn't drinking, you will never find anybody kinder and sweeter. But,

when he drinks, she suffers terribly. And YES, he was raised a Jehovah's Witness and started drinking like that when

he got disfellowshipped.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

My .02

As stated by others here, I agree that inhibitions are lowered, thereby we may say or do things ew normally wouldn't. The real person? Hardly. IMO, when people change dramatically upon consuming alcohol, it's just an excuse. I have never blacked out, lost control, been in a fight, etc.

• Maddie
    Maddie

As stated by others here, I agree that inhibitions are lowered, thereby we may say or do things ew normally wouldn't. The real person? Hardly. IMO, when people change dramatically upon consuming alcohol, it's just an excuse. I have never blacked out, lost control, been in a fight, etc

bigwilly - I agree that alcohol makes me say and do things that we wouldn't normally do, but in my case it wasn't an excuse to behave differently. I had no control over the effect alcohol had on me at all, including the ability to stop !

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit