Does a person's true personality come out when they're drunk?

by lfcviking 58 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

The real you? The real you holds back rudeness and bad judgments that the drunk you might do. I think good judgment is part of the real you. When you drink, you just end up a drunk you. This is me drunk, and this is me sober. Both are real, just one is a more common every day you.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

My reactions to alcohol are odd, sure first a little gets me warm and smiley, but any more and my inhibitions and shields go up and I get really quiet and detached. It doesn't take much these days, I had much higher tolerance as a late teen early 20 something. Red wine, just half a shot, makes me loopy and want to sleep; I've been told its the histamines or something. Pot, makes me very calm, hyper focused in my mind, and its as if my senses are sharper and clearer...or just my perception of that is altered, but to me it feels very meditative. Also, it makes my chronic body pain melt away, so I don't use it often-less than three times a year as I so don't want to get hooked on that. inhibition wise, I don't feel too much different either way. I've had cute guys come on to me before when I was high or drunk and was still able to say No to there advances, so even "altered" I'm not loose...kinda sad in a way...is there something wrong with me?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

It depends on what I'm drinking.

Clear drinks, vodka, tequilla, makes my clothes fall off.

Beer and whiskey, makes me talk to much...and not remember what I said later. We had a few beers last friday, I emailed my friend on monday to make sure I didn't say anything out of line. He said anything I said out of line was very discreet and no one else heard me.

Wine and coolers give me a headache.

lisa

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

No way!

I'm an ass when I overdrink and tend to take all my anger out on my best friend who happens to also be my wife.

I don't mean it but it just happens sometimes.

• IMHO
    IMHO

Before it sends you to sleep, it is an unequivocal YES.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

There has been DECADES of research done on this, so we don't really have to rely on personal experiences for the facts.

Alcohol causes several things to happen in a human body when it is metabolized, one of which can be blackouts.

To the poster who said they don't believe that "excuse," they are right: it's not an excuse, it is scientific _fact_. Some people have them, and some people don't.

• ninja
    ninja

3 guys had a heavy night of drinking....next day they related their drunken tales
    1st drunk......I was so drunk last night I fell asleep on my neighbours doorstep and peed myself .....I was a mess this morning
    2nd drunk......Thats nothing....I was that drunk that I tried it on with my neighbours wife and woke up with a black eye from her husband
    3rd drunk......I woke up this morning in a terrible state after blowing chunks all night.........
    the first two said....that isnt out of the ordinary to be blowing chunks after drinking
    the 3rd drunk said....you dont understand.....chunks is my dog

• eclipse
    eclipse

LOL Ninja

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I'm ordinarily a rather reserved person, one who doesn't often act in an "emotional" way. The emotions are all there, but I'm careful to keep them locked up. However, alcohol picks that lock every time for me.

With one whiskey, I get warm and mellow. I smile a lot, get blissed out by the beauty of nature, and tell my partner how very much I love him and how special our cat is- for some reason, I fixate on my cat. With two whiskeys, the glow fades and I go from sentimental to maudlin to depressed within a few minutes. I lose control and start crying, and once I've started, I only stop when I've cried myself hoarse. It sucks, and it scares me, so now I'm careful to quit while I'm still in that "warm and fuzzy" stage.

The thing is, all of it- the cuddly, affectionate stuff, as well as the suicidal despair, is what's in me to begin with. So far as I can recall, whiskey has never caused me to say or do anything contrary to my nature. It won't make me attracted to a person whom I would otherwise find repulsive, nor will it make me say bitchy things to a friend I truly care about. It only makes it hard to contain the emotions I already have. I think it's much the same for most people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit