If Walmart employees can do it and win, why can't we?

by REBORNAGAIN 69 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I doubt the verdict is what people would be surprised at. I think they'd be surprised at the fact that an attorney finally took the case.

• llbh
    llbh

We are over the wtbs and have moved on or else why are we here. To insult each other is not helpful. I believe that most of us here comparing notes and enocouraging people with something in common, we are former jw's; by whatever route.Most have by definition have family who still active jw,s; we would like them to change. If we can find a way in to validly sue them, the publicity alone would be invlaluable. Ergot fewer people will hopefefully join and some will leave.Even if we do not win the legal case we win! Keep going rebornagain

• John Doe
    John Doe

journey-on, have you ever heard of the word "hearsay?"

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Sweetface,

If you are so "over it" why in the F@#k are you still here, on an 'apostate' site.

Lead by example, otherwise you are a hypocrite.

Brant

Brant, do you see what it says at the upper left hand corner of this website? Jehovah's Witness Discussion Forum ...everyone welcome!

As far as I am aware, there is nothing in the registration guidelines stating that this is an "apostate website". Yes, I think the WTS is corrupt and full of shit, and yes I read a lot of comments and threads concerning their false teachings and hypocrisies. But, no you will not hear me repeatedly whine and complain about all that the WTS has "stolen from my life." I got the f*ck over it a while ago and am now enjoying my life, no matter what it is offering at the time. I visit this site to educate, culture, and entertain myself, as well as visit many friends that I have made during my stint here.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Hearsay combined with documented psychiatric evaluations, documented suicide attempts, actual real life events, and.....

if anybody ever finds out that the WTS intentionally implemented known brainwashing/mind-control

techniques to "hook" you into their idiotic cult and used coersive measures such as threats of

family alienation to emotionally keep you attached, not to mention fear tactics, etc., well.............I'm just saying.

Even the tobacco industry had to pay up for intentionally "hooking" people on tobacco, then keeping them hooked

through enticing advertising, additives, etc. A really savvy team of attorneys that wanted to tackle an iffy class action

suit might could get it done in today's world.

John Doe, even Scott Petersen was convicted on hearsay mixed with a few bits and pieces of iffy evidence. Put altogether,

however, it equaled a conviction.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

JOURNEY-ON...good point...you hit the nail right on the head with your tobacco comparison. THX!

LINDA

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well the Watchtower stole just about everything from me, but they didnt steal Jesus, and for that Im thankful.

Im personally studying the possibility of me suing the WT Society. This wll be well into the future, but Im laying the groundwork for it right now. Im networking and making connections here and there.

One of these days I will be front page news, and its gonna get gritty then.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Have any of you researched the statute of limitations requirement for the jurisdiction in which you're planning on suing?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

No, I havent yet, but if need be I will move to a state that has more "liberal" statue of limitation laws.

• bisous
    bisous

i find it insulting to come off with a crass remark like *why don't you just get the fuck over it* ... first of all, that is one big ass assumption about many people on this board. Wanting to expose an organization, ANY organization, for significant wrongs does not equate to *not getting over it*. I'm sure that the many, many victims of pedophilia or folks who lost loved ones to blood issues would appreciate hearing that helpful remark as much as I did. Seems to me you need to get the *f* over yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit