If Walmart employees can do it and win, why can't we?

by REBORNAGAIN 69 Replies latest jw friends

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Another good point John Doe. But, as far as I know, I haven't converted anyone in my 30 years to become a JW. *thankGod* I'm getting your point. I'm just annoyed at how they still continue to take advantage of good people and leave them destitute, specifically the Fulltime & Special Pioneers. John Doe, how do you feel about the ones who suffered for doing good?

LINDA

• Gopher
    Gopher

We live in a society that still holds religion in high esteem. The only time they've been made to pay is in regard to pedophile / sexual-abuse cases. Other than that, they've managed to avoid responsibility for psychological harm inflicted and effort and time provided.

Maybe someday our society will advance beyond a widespread need for religion.

After all, astronomy replaced astrology, and chemistry replaced alchemy. Someday reason hopefully will replace organized rigid belief systems.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Interesting point Gopher. We never know what will be. How often have we heard about somebody or some company getting sued for something that made our jaw's drop to the floor, as in "What will people come up with next? He/she sued him/her/them for THAT?" And won. *heehee*

LINDA

• journey-on
    journey-on

I think there will be a class action lawsuit one day concerning the blood issue.

It will take a savvy team of lawyers that understand the mind control and brainwashing techniques

that the Society has intentionally implemented. Their literature proves that they manipulate their

flock and intentionally create fear and alienate families. Alienation of affection might be one avenue

to explore. It will happen on some level someday soon, imo.

Children that were baptized then left at adulthood and were cut off and shunned by JW family would

IMO have grounds to sue. If you became a witness at adulthood, then...NO.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Children that were baptized then left at adulthood and were cut off and shunned by JW family would

IMO have grounds to sue. If you became a witness at adulthood, then...NO.

I was baptized as a 16-year old child and left (DF'd from) the JW's at age 39.

From what I've read, the courts would say that if you continued to practice a religion into your adulthood, you consented to it. It doesn't matter that our decision was made while relatively uninformed.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I am no fan of lawsuits but if it would help bring down the Borg then I would be all for it. I was a cradle JW that had no choice in the matter. Fortunately I never brought anyone else in.

A class action suit would be a great way to get the pedophilia stories out there via the news media.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

To: Gopher:

True, but what "Journey-on" mentioned makes sense too. We were threatened, in the sense that if we didn't do it we would be DF and lose our everlasting life. We hardly had a choice due to the control.

I'm out of here (work)....homeward bound BYEEEE!

LINDA

• journey-on
    journey-on

Gopher

This is when I think a really top notch savvy lawyer that understands the JW religion/cult could change things.

You continued to practice the religion because of childhood indoctrination and fear of being alienated from your

family. These issues have legal ramifications imo, but, like I said, it would take a team of lawyers that fully comprehends

the mind-f*ck one receives from the WTB&TS of JWs.

• parlay
    parlay

I've often thought about the door to door training they gave being used against them.

Imagine groups of casually dress individuals doing a community outreach to

alert them about an organization that harbors child abusers and encourages them

knock at their doors on a regular bases. News articles could be left with

the householder and they could be encouraged to add their name and address to a "do not call at this home list".

This list would then be sent to the local congregations, informing them that these householders

do not want JW's to visit them. Those on the list could be called once a month or so to confirm that JW's are

not violating their rights to not recieve visits.

This could really publicize what the WBTS has tried to sweep under the rug and help others not be fooled by them.

What do you think?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm not going to get into the right or wrong about this, but Rebornagain, you can't win a lawsuit unless you have a good legal case.

Wal-Mart broke laws that they were subject to. That is completely different than what the wts has done to you, isn't it?

This question is posted here regularly, and often the OP refuses to believe the fact that he/she doesn't have a case.

Hearing the stories in our media, you'd think one can successfully sue anyone just because something unfair or unethical was done. Not so.

Check back on AndersonsInfo's posts here and you will find out about her case. She has probably spent tens of thousands of dollars so far, without result. Unfair, but true.

Go to ajwrb.org and read about the Tort of Misrepresentation. There's an idea that might have potential; the article explains the legal rationale. I and probably others who have been personally harmed by the blood lies would love to join a class action suit about that. Unfortunately a person must be able to prove lasting physical harm to prove liability. And yes, I have consulted an attorney.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit